Which RTS game should i play first?

Mike211

[H]ard|Gawd
RTS.jpg

World in Conflict if you have a decent computer(I'm assuming you do). Easy to learn and plenty of action online.

jeez man, whatd ya do blow all ur tax refund money on games? lol i wish i could do that :D

And id suggest Red Alert 3

Empire. The others vary from good to alright, but Empire is Great. lol.

I would forget about EndWar. As for the others, I haven't heard much about Demigod, and CoH: ToV is apparently just alright, so I would suggest any one of the remaining games (RA3, WiC, Battleforge, DoW2, or Empire: TW).

I would play Demigod but I would get so hooked on it I wouldn't touch the rest. Red Alert 3 is fun in co-op too.

world in conflict i have never played before but heard u dont really build buildings its jus u call calling down troops is this true?

In WiC you blow shit up and it looks really bad ass in the process. It's a faster paced arcade style war RTS that is really addictive and great for LAN or online play.

Return Endwar, CoH TOV, RA3 and Battleforge.

With the money refunded, pick up C&C3, Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance, and CoH + Opposing forces.

As to which game to play first, either DoW 2 or ETW.

I loved DoWII, Empire I thought was crappy. Same old series, same old UI, same old quirks (HI I you attacked me 10 times, and I keep retreating forever into your territory raping and pillaging)

Why buy all those games at once at that price, buy one at a time man and play one at a time, then when your ready to play another game buy a new one, chances are it might be at a lower price. save you some money.

Anyways, play World in Conflict. ;)

RA3 costs $20 here now and still no one wants it.

Take back

RA3
Endwar
DOW 2
COH TOV not worth more than $10

Keep

Demigod -would not pay more than $30
Empire -after they fix the bugs..worth maybe $35
WIC -good game worth $20 max

I don't know anything about Battleforge.

Last edited:
Company of Heroes. It's short, but amazing.

Online is kind of unbalanced right now though

why can't they come out with a age of empires like the first 2 were... same time period, more units, better graphics.... it'd steal my life away. instead all the rts games suck :( out of those... i somewhat enjoyed world in conflict

whoa did you really put down $50 for RA3? i understand its a good game (i love it :D) but i got it at bestbuy a couple of weeks ago for only $10, you could of gotten much better deals on all those games, especially if you bought them at once :p

But as for the games themselves, i've only played WiC, DoW2, RA3, and DemiGod, and i must say they were all a blast to play through, you should spend your time and go through all of them at least once :)

Do a post search on this guy. All he does is post pictures and says little, if anything. There must be 50 pics of his Tri Sli setup around here.

Haha, nice to know someone is keeping the PC game industry alive.

I vote Demi-god.

I heard the RA and WiC expansions are mediocre. Hopefully that isn't the case.

WiC expansion is a joke but the core game is still fun. In fact I believe a class action law suit is in order for the "expansion". It really is a joke.

Demigod.

Good time to jump into it too, considering everyones just starting out in some sense.

WiC expansion is a joke but the core game is still fun. In fact I believe a class action law suit is in order for the "expansion". It really is a joke.

Really? That's ridiculous.

"Um..yeah we didn't like your expansion. So, uh...we're gonna sue you!"

But yeah the original World In Conflict was a gem of a game.

A joke.

A handful of new missions are mixed into the original mission set. You must play the game over again to experience them. No new units. No real changes to the gameplay. A joke.

For all of the bugs and glitches still present in ETW I still find it a highly addictive game although it is on the slower side of gameplay and not for everybody. COH:ToV adds some short campaigns that are not really worth the price but the new multilayer modes are a blast. If you can live with paying that much for such little content then its great but I would return it and wait for it to drop in price first.

I'd recommend DOWII - great game

The people that say it's total crap were hooked on #1 and it's much different - personally I like it better, it's a ton of micromanagmenet. Definately not for the faint of heart.

Why buy all those games at once at that price, buy one at a time man and play one at a time, then when your ready to play another game buy a new one, chances are it might be at a lower price. save you some money.
He just posts pics of stuff he buys for attention.

Back