which RAM timing is better?

7-8-7-20 will be better. The CAS will most likely dominate the performance difference.

You could always set the timings to each and benchmark it yourself. With the tRCD the same (8) most likely the CAS7 vs CAS8 will be offset by the command rate change. And, most likely it will also do 7-8-7-20 at 1T anyway.

I tested mine at both 2T and 1T, and the difference in synthetic benchmarks was negligible. I'd go for the lower CAS. And as Mike mentioned, mine did 1T just fine, even though it was rated at 2T.

to elaborate: T1 means every time your CPU clocks so does your RAM. T2 just means your ram clocks every other time your CPU clocks.

...atleast that's about as general as you can get with the T# setting

T1 is better.

Better, but not at the cost of any stability or overclocking room. The differences between 2T and 1T, in even synthetic benchmarks, is negligible, at least with DDR3-1600 (maybe it makes more difference at higher speeds).

Better, but not at the cost of any stability or overclocking room. The differences between 2T and 1T, in even synthetic benchmarks, is negligible, at least with DDR3-1600 (maybe it makes more difference at higher speeds).

Depends what you're using to bench and what is it you're measuring, sure right now it may seem barely noticeable but yes when you get to the higher clock speeds it'll become more noticeable. But if you have the equipment, why settle for less?

go with lower CAS, the 7 is a better choice :) since all ram i have seen does T1 fine :)

Depends what you're using to bench and what is it you're measuring, sure right now it may seem barely noticeable but yes when you get to the higher clock speeds it'll become more noticeable. But if you have the equipment, why settle for less?

True, but in a choice between timings and command rate, take timings - especially since, as EmualDave said, most RAM will run at 1T anyway.

Thank you very much guys....

I haven't been back to this forum for like 2+ weeks already...(working up north, no internet..)

Just back for like 3 days...

I have testing couple other settings...

DDR3-1866 9-9-9-24 2T with 1.55V

DDR3-2133 9-11-9-28 1T with 1.65V

I found DDR3-2133 is the fastest....i am sticking to it...I love this set of ram....

I am going to buy a fan for it....

I am looking to buy this one.

CORSAIR CMXAF2 Fan & Heatsinks

My questions will it fit on my P8P67 Pro with only 4 memory slots?

Thank you very much!!!

Have a nice day!!

You have your ddr3 1600 running at 2133 1t? really? Maybe I should try it also as i have the exact same ram, but at 2x2gb.

This one?

CMX4GX3M1A1600C7

I found it works really good on my P8P67 pro board with 2600K @ 4.7Ghz

systeminfo.png

Well not that exactly I must confess, just the CL8 version. Alright I'll see if it will overclock higher.
Edit: I was able to OC the mem to 1866 @ 9-9-9-24-1T. Sandra - 24.76GB/s (an improvement of > 3.5GB/s)

Last edited:
Back