Which ram is better?

synbios

Weaksauce
Id like to upgrade my 4x512mb Geil RAM to 2x1gb ram.

Which of these two would be better (reliability/speed, etc)

1) Corsair - VS2GBKIT400C3
2) Crucial - CT2KIT12864Z40B

I have also seen some Ballistix 2x1gb for around $80/£40 more, it's a lot over what I'd like to spend but what kind of performance difference will there be against the value ram?
I'm not looking to overclock much if any at all, just a fast and solid gaming machine.

Many thanks!

PS My other components are:
AMD 3700+
Asrock 939Dualsata2
X800gto :)( on the lookout for an upgrade to x1800xt or better)

If your not looking to overclock , why do u want to go to 2 sticks? the 1 - 2t difference isnt much put ya $$ towards a better 3d card unless u wanna get 4gb later.

Not looking to overclock at this stage but quite possibly mild overclocking to start with.

1T and also using 2 rather than 4 slots (power and heat :confused: ) would be some reasons, unless I'm mistaken.

Oh, and I'm looking to build a second PC after getting a graphics card so I could either split my current pairs or get another set.
(I have case, mobo, PSU, drives, etc - just need a GPU)

ram doesnt generate much heat or use much power... i overclock my x2 4600+ to 2.81ghz using 4 sticks of ram (in my sig) just fine... since your using a x800 id reconmend putting $$$ towards a 3d card first.

ram doesnt generate much heat or use much power... i overclock my x2 4600+ to 2.81ghz using 4 sticks of ram (in my sig) just fine... since your using a x800 id reconmend putting $$$ towards a 3d card first.

I do see your point about graphics card. The reason I'm keen on the ram is that I have noticed prices are starting to creep up after falling to its lowest level - couple that with DDR1 being phased out.

[Still on the lookout for graphics card too though as I had a x1800xt (but had to return it due to fault - was about $140 refurb)]

yea i agree, ram is a useless upgrade

Back