Which racing game currently has a large multiplayer community

Snittako

Limp Gawd
Hi, I recently had an urge to start playing racing games again. I am looking for one with a large multiplayer community and from what I could find NFS hot pursuit seems to have a decent community, but I don't know how decent. Any recommendations on what racing games to try for pc. Also do you use gamepads, joysticks, racing wheels, or keyboard/mouse for these games. Thanks

F1 2010 is probably pretty big right now still, at least overseas

I second Trackmania, its not a realistic game, but the racing is a ton of fun and the competition is pretty fierce.

Thanks for the replies, should I buy the united forever star edition or will the free edition suffice.

Try the free edition to get started, that has the stadium cars, which are the most popular and are what most people build tracks for. The paid version allows you to use custom car models and adds more racing modes.

Thanks for the replies, should I buy the united forever star edition or will the free edition suffice.

The free edition is where most of the players are since it's free. I started with the free edition and loved it so I bought United. It's been on sale on steam several times in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if you just started with the free edition and picked up United for $5 or something during a sale. The free edition gives you access to 1 type of car and all the tracks for that car. United adds several more cars and their tracks. The behavior of the types of cars is pretty varied (top heavy suv's vs. super fast sports cars etc.). You only race against other cars of the same type though.

The concept behind trackmania is super simple, but it was very addicting for me. Making my own tracks was a blast. Stunt mode is also very entertaining.

Back