Which q6600 info to trust?

evt

Limp Gawd
This is the Q6600 I have recently purchased from frys in the 4th of july deal.
The motherboard is a GA-965P-S3 and the ram is a Patriot 2x2gb 800mhz@5-5-5-15, Vcore is at auto and FSB is at 400.
However, when I run the applications for stress testing, it gives me 2 different speeds in which the cpu is running, and I do not know which one is correct.
The power option in windows is set to 'always on' and in BIOS, speedstep and C1E is enabled (with my e6300, the overclocked speeds were correct in all applications). Here is a pic:
q6600.jpg

Did you overclock the CPU? Speedstep will slow down the processor to save on power and heat when you aren't loading it with intense tasks. If you overclocked it to 3600mhz, excellent job! Go into your bios and see whether or not you have the FSB speed at 513 or 400. That will be the determining factor in realizing what speed at which it is actually performing.

Only trust coretemp for the temps. The other 2 agree and match your bios settings.

With eist enabled the machine can change your cpu mulit at idle, dont get thrown there.

Not having a quad I didnt pay much attention but a lttle bell is going off and I think coretemp gets cpu frequencies wrong in the latest version.

Did you overclock the CPU? Speedstep will slow down the processor to save on power and heat when you aren't loading it with intense tasks. If you overclocked it to 3600mhz, excellent job! Go into your bios and see whether or not you have the FSB speed at 513 or 400. That will be the determining factor in realizing what speed at which it is actually performing.

Yeah, its overclocked, the FSB is 400mhz.
Also, I rechecked the vcore, its actually 1.31 instead of auto as I initally thought.

Ah damn, I overlooked the BIOS multiplier setting which set to 7x. Changing it to 9x now.

Let us know if it stable at the 9x multiplier :p

Nope :<. Vcore at 1.45v and upon running orthos, computer restart with no BSOD. Load was about 70c.
Either the cpu needs more volts or my xclio 450w psu is at its limits!
8800gtx stock + q6600 (o/c'ed)

Back