which PSU would you choose for this scenario?

PontiacGTX

Gawd
I would like to know which would be the best choice if I wante dot run either 3 R9 290 or maybe 4 GPUs with lower power

Lepa Maxplatinum 1050w 102usd
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 130usd
Corsair RM1000x 140USD
EVGA Supernova 1000GQ 140USD
Rosewill Quark 1000 150usd
Rosewill Quark 1200 170usd
Rosewill Capstone G1200 168usd
Thermaltake SP-1200M 150usd
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W (PS-TPD-1200MPCGUS-1) 170usd

No professional reviews, Sirtec platform, I would avoid it.

On second thought though, a 1000w PSU is enough only if you don't plan to overclock 3 290s. If you do, you will want a 1200w PSU at minimum.

I'd choose EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G. Superb PSU. Contrasted quality.

No professional reviews, Sirtec platform, I would avoid it.

On second thought though, a 1000w PSU is enough only if you don't plan to overclock 3 290s. If you do, you will want a 1200w PSU at minimum.
I thought it was done for CWT like the better qualiy and lower wattage models

I thought it was done for CWT like the better qualiy and lower wattage models[/QUOTE

1. corsair rm 1000x- corsair is upper range psu manufacturer...usually very good units, as this one
2.evga seems to be okay, though don,t know a lot about them..reviews give them thumbs up
3. the rosewill quarks .......
would not buy none of the rest

power supply units are #1 on my list of quality parts when i put a rig togther...all my computers have some of the best u can buy...i don,t mess around here, nothing worse than a lousy psu unit...

my future purchases will be seasonic..they are expensive,,but some of the best....there are others out there that are very good too..got to do reviews

I was wonering if really the SP-1200M would be really a bad choice? it has good perf/watt
As Tsumi stated, that unit has no professional reviews. As such, the overall quality of that PSU is unknown.

And not all of Thermaltake's higher-wattage PSUs are made by CWT: That particular unit is actually made by Sirfa (HighPower). HEC, Enhance (the manufacturer of the other Thermaltake PSU on your list) and Yuelin are also manufacturing higher-wattage PSUs that are sold under the Thermaltake brand name.

Last edited:
As Tsumi stated, that unit has no professional reviews. As such, the overall quality of that PSU is unknown.

And not all of Thermaltake's higher-wattage PSUs are made by CWT: That particular unit is actually made by Sirfa (HighPower). HEC, Enhance (the manufacturer of the other Thermaltake PSU on your list) and Yuelin are also manufacturing higher-wattage PSUs that are sold under the Thermaltake brand name.
Yes I just noticed the SP1200M was form Sirtec, for some reaosn the 850w has a different OEM

Back