Which PSU for a new build?

Askeptic

n00b
Hi, I am seeing some PSU recommendations for a new build.

I will be using an RTX 3090 with a 10900K CPU in this build. Most online calcs / review state that an 850w PSU should be enough, but I rather throw a 1000w at it to be safe and avoid potential issues.

With prices all over the chart now a days, can someone please take a look at the few I listed below and recommend one or two over the others? They are listed cheapest to most expensive from what I can currently find online.

Corsair RM1000x - Much more expensive than the others. I used Corsair RMx in the past and had great luck.
EVGA Supernova 1000 G+ - Nicest cable options / ports
Seasonic Focus GX-1000 - Not many cable / port options, but possibly enough to get by with no future growth

I am also open to others as well,
Thanks!

Thank you both, great info.
Seasonic Prime Plat 1000 would be great, but not seeing it in stock until ~ Feb 2021

Edit: I currently use the Corsair RM850x and before that another Corsair RMx product. Both PSU's were perfect for my needs and I never had issues. Given this, I chose to stay with the RM1000x as I see it rated closer to the Seasonic Prime vs. the Focus line. I was also able to scour the Interwebs and find it for only a few more bucks than the Focus GX. I know Seasonic is great and fixed issues with high power draw but moving to an RTX 3090 in this build and having superior luck with the Corsair RMx line in the past, I can better sleep at night with this decision. (Although I likely just overspent a few bucks, oh well)

Thanks for the great chart and advice. If I could of got my hands on that Prime Plat 1000 for Seasonic, I would of definitely given that a shot.

Thanks!

Last edited:
My last five PSU purchases were Corsair RMi/RMx, from servers to desktops. I am supper happy with them.

Back