Which price for Walmart HP Notebook $378 or $398?

Well im back with my laptop and a ton of dvds
arrived at 1:45. Was in 10th place in line

Took awhile to checkout

It was a first come first serve basis, but we managed to convince them to give us numbered tickets.

They had 45 in stock, Laptop locations was in front of the "Vision" Center

after 5am the place was flooded. took me another 45minutes of waiting to pay for some tv seasons I grabbed

Pics of the stash

Time for me to hibernate/sleep

IMG_7101.jpg

IMG_7104.jpg

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_7120.jpg

IMG_7128.jpg

IMG_7133.jpg

I got 2 laptops for 378.. keeping one, the other is going on the block.... First in line at my walmart with my 2 buds..

I got one too!!! :D
store only had 10 i got number 5

$378 was what it cost.
Happy as shit tight now, my first new laptop :)
HDD and RAM upgrade coming VERY soon

Cold Dark Shadow said:
I got one too!!! :D
store only had 10 i got number 5

$478 was what it cost.
Happy as shit tight now, my first new laptop :)
HDD and RAM upgrade coming VERY soon

you got screwed
378 here
450+ was before they reduced price after noticing competitors prices
This was a nationwide pricechange. Only places with low or no tax should be paying over 400 base price.

Ram upgrade soon, soon as I figure out what type of memory is in it (HP site no good for this, gotta open her up later)

HD i dont know about, I bought it to play movies, watch anime, browse web, do work.

Tommorrow im blasting away Windows XP Home and installing Pro. Gotta dig a router out of my car to test wifi and authorize XP pro

i missed out too, my walmart had 66 laptops, all up front in the customer service area, and since i got there at about 3:45 i was like 400th+ in line so i didn't get one

i did get a 20in flat screen tv w/dvd player built in for 98 bucks...

OMFG i wanted to get the system of a down hyponotize CD but they only had the edited version?!?! that was total crap

133 said:
i missed out too, my walmart had 66 laptops, all up front in the customer service area, and since i got there at about 3:45 i was like 400th+ in line so i didn't get one

i did get a 20in flat screen tv w/dvd player built in for 98 bucks...

OMFG i wanted to get the system of a down hyponotize CD but they only had the edited version?!?! that was total crap

Walmart only sells edited music c.c

Damn, I was waiting in line since 3:30 but there was alerady people waiting since 11PM yesterday. They only had about 50 of them so I just went home empty handed :( .

Renegade_Azzy said:
I got 2 laptops for 378.. keeping one, the other is going on the block.... First in line at my walmart with my 2 buds..

what time did you guys get there?

Renegade_Azzy said:

i'm the other bud of his, also gots one. great lappy for the price. though i have a gig of corsair coming from newegg and the battery isnt even charged yet :p

EDIT: the walmart we chose was an out of the way non-super walmart, only ones there at 130am, 2am had us and a cute girl and thats it, people didn't start showing up til 4am or so, this walmart had 40 lappies in stock azzy got his 2, i got my one, and the girl got hers. i was a happy boy

Manaknight said:
this walmart had 40 lappies in stock

that figures.

our Wal-Mart is a HUGE supercenter store and they only had 15 laptops total. :rolleyes:

man, this really stinks because I really had my heart set on going to my WM around 12:30am or so to start waiting in line. I figured surely there wouldnt be anyone there at that time of the night. guess I was wrong..... :(

We really got there at 1:30, but there was that whol stoner chick misadventure... 0_o....

They had 40, told all of us to go to the back of the store, but htey were at the front of the store. What bites is that some people showed up at about 4:30 and started lining up at teh one side door, and got in first ahead of the group of us that was there for a while.

I walked in about 4:30 and managed to get #41 of 45. It was BRUTAL.. there were at least 500 people waiting and it was sheer luck I got one at all. They decided at the last minute to change where everyone was lining up and I just happened to be where the line moved too.

Pushing, yelling, people cutting in line.. it was awful.

Never again

After reading ozziegn and others posts I decided that 1 am wasn't to early! :eek:

The store was EMPTY! (yes!) I watched them bring out the pallates and followed the lappy's to thier final stop. I was #1 in line! :D I'm typing on it now and only wish I was able to pick up more than one (the store had 32!). I will be upgrading the RAM first and possibly the HD later but this is only for mobility, not gaming or folding so I'm not to concerned about the overall performance.

It was cheap and it is a great lappy, 5 is happy! :D

I got to my walmart at 4:10 or so. They had 20 and I was about 10th in line.

There were a ton of disappointed people behind me in line.

Picked one up at 5am this morning, easily 400 people waiting inline, and only 32 laptops at this store. Anybody else feel deliciously white trash? Cause I certainly did.

In the process of a fresh install of Winders right now.

Have you guys checked the system properties on the Wal-Mart lappies? My parents bought one...box says Sempron 2800+ 1.6ghz, ad says the same, yet the thing runs at 794 F'in Mhz!

ATW said:
Have you guys checked the system properties on the Wal-Mart lappies? My parents bought one...box says Sempron 2800+ 1.6ghz, ad says the same, yet the thing runs at 794 F'in Mhz!

Cuz the Semperons can downclock themselves to save power. If you dont want it... I'll take it from you :) .

I just thought about it, a guy was offerig $50 to cut in line, and I was about the 200th person waiting. Hmm... I could of had a free $50. :(

nob0dey said:
Cuz the Semperons can downclock themselves to save power. If you dont want it... I'll take it from you :) .

I just thought about it, a guy was offerig $50 to cut in line, and I was about the 200th person waiting. Hmm... I could of had a free $50. :(

Glad to hear this, threw me for a loop for a minute. BIOS still says 1.6Ghz so I'm satisfied

My girlfriend and I were there at 3am at out local supercenter, and we were 20th and 21st in line. Just our luck the stupid place only had 17 in their shipment. I wasn't too upset since I've already got a lappy, but my girlfriend doesn't. Needless to say, she was not a happy camper.

Side note: You'd think that a store in a city of a population of nearly 20k on the outskirts of a city of about 150k would have more than 17 friggin laptops...

Newegg's got that same crucial memory for $109 + shipping, not a bad deal.

It's just DDR333 SO-Dimm.

nob0dey said:
Cuz the Semperons can downclock themselves to save power.

Well 'ya truly do learn something new everyday. That was my first experience with a Sempron and had no idea they did that.

I think there's a setting on the laptop that will allow you to force the CPU to run at its full speed all the time if you'd like it that way.

ozziegn said:
I think there's a setting on the laptop that will allow you to force the CPU to run at its full speed all the time if you'd like it that way.

In the bios. Under power, battery performance, set to full speed there.

i opened her up and added 128mbs of extra ram(Have some So-dimms laying around)
Laptop has two memory slots.

So yes it's just Standard DDR SO-DIMM

newegg has Many 512mbs DDR 333 for under $50 shipped

All 1gbs start at $108.25

I'll prob end up buying a 512mb soon, and another down the road sometime.

MadFlava said:
I walked in about 4:30 and managed to get #41 of 45. It was BRUTAL.. there were at least 500 people waiting and it was sheer luck I got one at all. They decided at the last minute to change where everyone was lining up and I just happened to be where the line moved too.

Pushing, yelling, people cutting in line.. it was awful.

Never again

So you cut? Thats way uncool I mean i was at Best Buy at 9:50pm the day before if someone cut me I would have been pushing and yelling too.

Espo said:
So you cut? Thats way uncool I mean i was at Best Buy at 9:50pm the day before if someone cut me I would have been pushing and yelling too.

No, I didnt cut. There was no line, there was a number system which Walmart abandoned at the last minute and had everyone form a line instead, which just happened to start where I was at. I was about 7th inline and ended up getting the 44th laptop out of 47 units so you figure out who was doing the line cutting.

This lappy has two slots and a max of 1 gig, so it might only accept 2 x 512M sticks...

I added a 512mb stick from microcenter (and got ripped at $70!) and the laptop is actually flying now. Its amazing what a little ram will do. Only thing i'm confused of is how it reports the memory to windows?

I have the original 256mb and the 512mb sticks in, and it says:

physical memory (K)
Total 653808

in task manager.. In system properties, it says 640mb of physical memory. In System Information program, it does list total physical memory to be 768... So, whats up?

oh ok, thanks..

thats my only complaint with this machine, is the video card. Having a max resolution of 1024x768 is, bothersome to say the least.

Have any of you guys thought about upgrading the cpu on this? Hopefully it can be done..

I found a Cempron Mobile 3100+ on pricewatch for $142...

Some are sayin there A64 enabled. I was just in the Add/Remove Programs and one of the things in there is an Athlon 64 Processor driver.So im guessin it must be A64 enabled but some have run cpu-z and it didnt come out as an A64?

As for the processor upgrade, some are talkin about upgrading to a Turon(im sure i didnt spell that right)

I really dont mind the vid card res, mainly cuz i run my desktop at the same res so im pretty used to it

HP's upgrade site showed Turion procs so I have to believe that it is 64 enabled.

Back