Which preorder bonus for Red Dead Redemption are you going to choose?

Got to give it to Amazon, I called and complained to support and marketing about Walmart having a $20 gift card and now Amazon has followed suit. So, you get the golden guns and a $20 gift card with your preorder. I think this makes it the leading candidate for best preorder bonus.

Got to give it to Amazon, I called and complained to support and marketing about Walmart having a $20 gift card and now Amazon has followed suit. So, you get the golden guns and a $20 gift card with your preorder. I think this makes it the leading candidate for best preorder bonus.

will this apply to existing preorders? or do i need to cancel/reorder?

**edit - Just confirmed with Amazon that you have to CANCEL your previous pre-order and place the order again to receive this current promotion.

Last edited:
That sucks, the price went up too now :( (was 56.99).

So I HAVE to cancel just to re-order to get this? Gonna email and see if it can't be applied to my order.

Just pre-ordered with amazon. I would have rather had the horse, but the gift card and the pre-order bonus just makes the most sense.

Amazon has hands down the best CS I've dealt with. After I canceled my order and re-ordered it (before i realized the price was different, as stated above in my previous post) I emailed them to ask if there was no way to keep the older price.

Within 45 minutes they emailed back and said they have changed it back for me.

You don't have to cancel and do it again. Amazon already confirmed it with several people who called(including me). They always retroactively apply deal upgrades to existing orders.

It sucks that conflicting info is coming from different amazon sources. I think they have handled most of this rdr deal kinda sloppy. They usually get it right in the end however.

I wanted the horse, but I ordered from Gamestop because their deals over the last few days have been ridiculous (plenty of info over on CAG).

I ended up getting Alan Wake LE for $60 and Red Dead Redemption for $45.

I'll get both at the same time since they both come out the 18th. I don't know which one I'm going to play first :confused:

You don't have to cancel and do it again. Amazon already confirmed it with several people who called(including me). They always retroactively apply deal upgrades to existing orders.

It sucks that conflicting info is coming from different amazon sources. I think they have handled most of this rdr deal kinda sloppy. They usually get it right in the end however.

Interesting, i called and they told me it was not retroactive and that i had to cancel and reorder.

I am trying to do my best to get this resolved. I just called at 8AM EST and they confirmed AGAIN that I qualify for the new promotion. How do I know for sure? My account/order shows I have the $20 gift card and I ordered April 28th. So, I talked to a CS and the CS supervisor, they are contacting marketing again to get a final decision on this matter and they are going to try and get the correct information to all CS members. It is going to take 24 hours before I hear from marketing so it may be Monday. I will update ASAP.

I suggest more people give them a quick call and influence the decision to be the right decision.

Let's see hmm, double regen or a fast running horse vs golden guns +$20 gift card. I went with Amazon.

got my amazon order placed.
curious though, shouldnt tax come before the shipping cost. Amazon added the shipping cost first and then taxed that total...

got my amazon order placed.
curious though, shouldnt tax come before the shipping cost. Amazon added the shipping cost first and then taxed that total...

LOL! Call them up, their CS are usually "out-of-towner" reps, but they're generally nice and actually helpful.

I finally got the answer I was looking for but this whole situation is still a YMMV (your mileage may vary) ordeal. I have now received 3 different emails from 3 different CS members confirming that I will get the $20 gift card AND golden gun pack code WITHOUT having to cancel and order again. I knew this would be the case all along but with so many people getting mixed responses I wanted to be sure. One of my responses actually made it sound like they were doing me a favor by waiving the promotion preorder rule and allowing me the additional $10 credit after the promotion had changed. I really do say YMMV because I would not trust anything until you get it in writing for yourself. That may be overkill but it is nice to know for sure.

See you guys on the 18th.

Anyone know if the soundtrack from gamestop is a CD or downloadable? Is it just a few tracks or the whole soundtrack?

i wish this wasnt come out on the same day as Alan Wake, cuz im getting alan wake first then ill get red dead but not both at the same time..

I am pretty sure that the soundtrack is a physical copy.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/rdrvote/default.aspx

This link states that it comes in its own "special packaging."

I switch my pre-order from Best Buy to Gamestop. To me, the in-game value of the horse is better than the assassin outfit, but that soundtrack sold me.

I just ordered the PS3 lim.ed and we get all three (didn't order from them because the weren't the cheapest but they might ship internationally if anyone is super-serious about getting all preorder-stuff) + the soundtrack. Splitting the pre-order bonus over different retailers hasn't really happened over here yet, thankfully.

Just hope there a quicklook out soon so I can cancel if it doesn't look great. This isn't one of those must-have games for me.

Amazon. It's a local company for me and a far better company than either Best Buy or Gamestop.

+1 for pre-order on Amazon now that the $20 deal is up. I knew they would do it eventually.
Stoked for this game... which happens very rarely for me now-a-days.

I'm definitely thinking about jumping on the Pre-Order deal from Amazon. I was not sure if I was going to get this game for a while but the free roam Co-Op sounds so much fun...dang it all. I just keep adding to my backlog. :p

pre-ordered through amazon, it looks like I got a 20 credit + 5 dollar credit for amazon music?

I opted for Amazon. Got the 5 dollar music credit thing as well. I mainly did it for the $20 gift card. I'd like the horse, but

1. You can't use it online (sad face)
2. A $20 gift card is hard to beat
3. It's being delivered to my work tomorrow for around the same price as tax.

I'm stoked. :D

since its my first pre-order from amazon with the extra gift card, when do you normally see the $. I know item was shipped today. Do they wait until release (tomorrow) to give you the $20 gift card?

since its my first pre-order from amazon with the extra gift card, when do you normally see the $. I know item was shipped today. Do they wait until release (tomorrow) to give you the $20 gift card?

Within 10 days after the item has shipped.

My copy shipped today! I hope I get my code and GC code tomorrow too!:D

Prolly a long shot I know, but if anyone has an extra War horse code they could give away I'd really like one.

I was at Gamestop doing the UFC 2010 pre-order (it's the only way to get the TUF fighters) and I went ahead and tossed $5 down for the sake of getting something free.
These are the first pre-orders I've done in probably 5-6 years.

Has anyone ever tried asking for left-over or extra pre-order keys at like Best Buy? Who would you ask?

Has anyone ever tried asking for left-over or extra pre-order keys at like Best Buy? Who would you ask?

My pre-order key for golden guns came inside of the sealed game, so I doubt you'd be able to if Best Buy is the same. I want that horse though, heh.

I just picked up mine from gamestop for the PS3 and got:

THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
* THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
* AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES

And Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout and the Walton Gang Outfit.

So is the PS3 version the way to go.

Holy f*^% I hate xbox, got home this morning with RDR and alan wake and turn on my 360 to get the dam 3 red lights.
Had to hunt down an arcade, there seems to be a lot of stores advertising it but not actually selling it, they seem to have lots of elites though, bait and switch.
They tried to sell me a warranty, I told them I'd take a chainsaw to it if it breaks before I'd get another xbox.

this is killing me. Im home sitting here waiting for the ups man. going on 5pm now. Normally he comes around 3. And the damn ups warehouse place is only like 35 mins from here.

I just picked up mine from gamestop for the PS3 and got:

THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
* THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
* AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES

And Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout and the Walton Gang Outfit.

So is the PS3 version the way to go.

Is this with your pre-order?

Yeah the 1st section of stuff you get with gamestop then the outfit and hideout are PS3 exclusive.

Think I'll just go down to best buy (rewards) and see if they have any leftovers. If not, meh. I'll play the game straight up.

Do we know yet if you can unlock or find the pre-order "exclusives" through actual missions and stuff in the game?

Think I'll just go down to best buy (rewards) and see if they have any leftovers. If not, meh. I'll play the game straight up.

Do we know yet if you can unlock or find the pre-order "exclusives" through actual missions and stuff in the game?

Probably be something they sell us as DLC after the game's been out for 2 weeks:D

Update: Just got home from Best Buy. Asked if they had any pre-order copies left, no.

Got home, opened the box, BOOM WAR HORSE BABY!

Back