Which Power Supply Is Best.

Lalau2

Weaksauce
I had a Evga G2 1300W power supply go snap crackle and pop. I was lucky that it only took out the cpu. I went out and brought a replacement supply until I could warranty the G2. The replacement supply is a MRXREVO Enermax 1500W.

Please take a look at my sig. and let me know your thoughts on me keeping the 1500W or installing the replacement Evga G2 1300W and returning the Enermax 1500W?

Other options are for me to either sell the G2 or keep it as a spare supply?

Single Titan X? You should be in the 600 watt range at most. Even with two you would be at 850 at most.

That said, I believe the G2 overall is a superior PSU to the Maxrevo. The G2 has better output quality but lower efficiency, based on [H]OCP testing.

Single Titan X? You should be in the 600 watt range at most. Even with two you would be at 850 at most.

That said, I believe the G2 overall is a superior PSU to the Maxrevo. The G2 has better output quality but lower efficiency, based on [H]OCP testing.

What he said.

You're losing a lot of efficiency running that high a wattage on your rig I would imagine.

I'd put the G2 back in myself after RMA, and return the other. I'm surprised one would pop, but I guess no company is perfect.

I'm normally all into overkill psu but even I have to say 1500w for one gpu is a bit much.

I would just run the replacement and look into why it failed. Sustained high heat, maybe because of poor ventilation? I've got a G2 1.3kw unit that has be pushed to the darkest ends of benching and its years old now, and it still runs like a champ.

I am On My 4th I7 5930K CPU IN 1 Year Need Your Help.

You should have mentioned this thread man. You have other issues going on than just the psu.
I did not mention it because the power supply went crackle and pop. So I knew I needed a new power supply. I just wanted your opinon on which was the best for my system.
I know I have issues with the cpu dying. So Far everything has been replaced. The power supply, cpu, motherboard, and memory. The main problem with all of the cpu that have died was the code on the motherboard always had to do with the memory controller voltage. I have voltage set currently at 1.03v for Icc and memory controller.
I am currently graphing the motherboard,cpu, gpu voltages. Will keep you guys informed. The 1500 is uninstalled and being returned. Thanks for the advice.

Back