Which one should I get, ASUS Prime Z370-A or ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E ???

Subzerok11

Gawd
Which would you buy and why ? By the way I'll be getting a M.2 too.

*ASUS PRO CLOCK TECHNOLOGY* does this actually work, will this feature actually OC my 8600K to around 4.5-5.0GHz ? that it would be cool cause I kinda don't feel like OC'ing it myself.

Which would you buy and why ? By the way I'll be getting a M.2 too.

*ASUS PRO CLOCK TECHNOLOGY* does this actually work, will this feature actually OC my 8600K to around 4.5-5.0GHz ? that it would be cool cause I kinda don't feel like OC'ing it myself.

Personally, I like auto-overclock utilities. Because I'm lazy. I like to use the auto-overclock feature to get to the max clock speed, and then I dial down the voltage and set the offset. Seems to save me some time.

For what it's worth, I'll probably be going with the Asus Z370-F, because I don't need the WiFi, Bluetooth, or 3.1 USB front panel connectors the Z370-E has and I like the aesthetics more than the Prime or Z370-E. I've had the best luck with ASUS and ASRock boards over the years, so I'll be sticking with them for awhile.

Last edited:
So if I let the Asus tool do the overclocking for me is it a solid overclock, I'm assuming it is they would get a bad reputation if it wasn't.

Also I'm hoping that it over clocks pretty good not too conservative I like to overclock a 8600 k to at least 4.7-4.8GHz.

So if I let the Asus tool do the overclocking for me is it a solid overclock, I'm assuming it is they would get a bad reputation if it wasn't.

Also I'm hoping that it over clocks pretty good not too conservative I like to overclock a 8600 k to at least 4.7-4.8GHz.

It should give you a pretty stable overclock, it'll probably be a little on the conservative side as far as the clock speed goes. The voltage will likely be higher than it needs to be, so you'd probably want to incrementally lower this until you get the vcore as low as possible while still maintaining stability. From what I've seen, 4.7 - 4.8Ghz should be very easily attainable, with 4.9 - 5Ghz being at least somewhat common.

Back