Which one should I buy?

I've been a regular smartphone user for a long time and I'm using the samsung S8 right now, but I’d like to change to a gaming phone because I have recently started really enjoying PUBG Mobile and Tank World Mobile.

I’ve found that there are not that many brands making gaming phones though. The only four I have found are ROG phone 2, Razer phone 2 and two Chinese brands Red Magic 5G and Black Shark 3. Can anyone tell me something about these four phones?

Attachments

• ESSFrG-UUAAwY9B.jpg
    ESSFrG-UUAAwY9B.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
  • gsmarena_008.jpg
    gsmarena_008.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2018-10-11-product-9.jpg
    2018-10-11-product-9.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-07-22-product-2.jpg
    2019-07-22-product-2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
Razer 2 because 120Hz display and excellent audio, or Red Magic because of price

I personally would hang onto the S8 and wait for the iPhone 12 pro with its rumored 120hz display because we all know apple’s A processors are superior to Qualcomm’s snapdragon in almost every benchmark.

I've been a regular smartphone user for a long time and I'm using the samsung S8 right now, but I’d like to change to a gaming phone because I have recently started really enjoying PUBG Mobile and Tank World Mobile.

I’ve found that there are not that many brands making gaming phones though. The only four I have found are ROG phone 2, Razer phone 2 and two Chinese brands Red Magic 5G and Black Shark 3. Can anyone tell me something about these four phones?

Keep in mind that a phone being gaming-branded doesn't necessarily make it a better phone.

There are some things I can see as useful, such as shoulder buttons, but there are also tradeoffs. For example, those phones with active fan cooling? Don't even think of using them in the rain because of those open vents. I'm also skeptical of phones with 'gaming modes,' since they either tend to be gimmicks or more of a hassle than they're worth.

Really, focus on the fundamentals: a fast CPU, a high refresh rate, a healthy battery and a strong gaming ecosystem. I'm with CHANG3D on waiting for the iPhone 12 series, but there are a number of other phones that could be just fine and aren't gaming-themed.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Back