Which of these two fan filters are more effective?

Shaman

Limp Gawd
In terms of airflow/filtering capabilities, which of these two filters do a better job?

FilterRight acrylic frame mesh filter

or

The regular aluminum fan filter

The latter has been around for a while and does a good job in trapping dust with minimal airflow restriction, but what about the FilterRight one (which I think it's also aluminum)? It's much easier to remove for cleaning, you don't even have to open the computer to grab the fan and re-mount it like you have to with the regular aluminum filter. But is the filtering capabilities as good as the ease of use? Anyone tried them?

Both these filter come in several colors to match the case color btw.

Which of these two fan filters is more effective?

I would say that they are about the same, its more of preference. The one you like the best should be your choice.

Yes, is :eek:

Maybe someone has tried both and can say which filter did a better job of keeping their case free of dust (or at least fine dust), or if any of them increased the temperatures etc.

Funny enough...ive owned both of them filters :)
I'd say the alminium one is better for lettin in more air, but damn the FilterRight one looks good :cool:

Funny enough...ive owned both of them filters :)
I'd say the alminium one is better for lettin in more air, but damn the FilterRight one looks good :cool:
So which one made your case cleaner? Or are they about the same?

Seems like the aluminum one has double the surface area because it has a 'wavy' surface.

So which one made your case cleaner? Or are they about the same?

Seems like the aluminum one has double the surface area because it has a 'wavy' surface.

Well when i used the filters they were in diff cases and on different fans.
If u have a very high powerful fan the FiterRight one is better, but if you have the average fan the aluminium one will pull alot more air in and filter a lot more.

The problem with the FilterRight one is that it collects dust very easily and also stops airflow a bit, and it also has to be cleaned very reguarly (otherwise is nearly stops airflow).

I'd go for the aluminium one if i was you ;)

Well when i used the filters they were in diff cases and on different fans.
If u have a very high powerful fan the FiterRight one is better, but if you have the average fan the aluminium one will pull alot more air in and filter a lot more.

The problem with the FilterRight one is that it collects dust very easily and also stops airflow a bit, and it also has to be cleaned very reguarly (otherwise is nearly stops airflow).

I'd go for the aluminium one if i was you ;)
That's what I suspected, the aluminum one must let more air in because it doesn't clog up as fast due to the larger surface area. So although the FilterRight one clogs up faster, I imagine it must do a better job of filtering the really fine dust. The aluminum filter is best for the lazy bastards as it doesn't require so much cleaning, so I think I'm gonna go with those. :p

You must REALLY hate dust. :D
Yes but even if it is not a very dusty environment around here I will try to find the best solution, that is if I go with a windowed case for the 1st time. Otherwise I don't really care.

I've used both types. The FilterRights are a bit less destructive to the fan itself. Less screwing and unscrewing going on which may destroy the plastic body of the fan.

Back