Which of these laptops are the best?

dragnandy

Limp Gawd
So my mother has purchased a fujitsu laptop for me when i go to college. But i saw some better laptops from Acer, and i want some input of what laptop i should get.

So right now, i current have this laptop. The i5 version
http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Ecommerce/buildseriesbean.do?series=AH550

Acer Laptops i've been looking at are these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2034940032%201039353928%201040254075&bop=And&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&CompareItemList=32|34-115-732^34-115-732-TS,34-115-733^34-115-733-TS

Pros for Fujitsu
-Bought the i5 one for $740. Big sale
-8 Cell battery
-No need to go out and order one, since my mom already bought it.

Pros for Acer:
-Better graphics card for a slightly cheaper price

I like the fujitsu because i dont have to return it and order an acer and do all that work. But i think the extra $20 is worth the upgrade to a better graphics card on the acer. Downside, its a smaller battery life.

Can somebody give me some input on which ones better? Better build quality? Im guessing Acer is plastic like the fujitsu one. So yeah, is the extra bucks worth the downgrade of the battery and better graphics card?

thanks for the fast response rive22, but.. i'm going to need more than "Sony Vaio", and plus that isnt one of the options i am faced with.

Can somebody give me some input on which ones better? Better build quality? Im guessing Acer is plastic like the fujitsu one. So yeah, is the extra bucks worth the downgrade of the battery and better graphics card?

Depends on what you're planning on doing with that laptop. It also depends on your needs in a laptop. It also depends on whether or not there are extended batteries available for the Acer.

general computing, some gaming, movie watching. Things like that.

-Im pretty sure newegg doesn't offer extented batteries.
-Hardware wise, do you think its worth it to get the Acer over the Fujitsu, is what im asking.

Last edited:
general computing, some gaming, movie watching. Things like that.

-Im pretty sure newegg doesn't offer extented batteries.
-Hardware wise, do you think its worth it to get the Acer over the Fujitsu, is what im asking.

I maent if Acer offered extended batteries.
Well, if gaming is the primary factor, then yeah the Acer is better than the Fujitsu. However if you want quality construction, long battery life, and less hassle, then the Fujitsu is better than the Acer.

Since you have the i5 edition, stick with it. Looks like a pretty decent laptop. 310m isn't the greatest but it's better than any integrated. It's really not worth the hassle, and don't you think that would kind of make your mom feel bad? :(

I graduate in a few weeks too. My parents will be getting me a m11x. :D

Sony Vaio Z or S are the best.

... And they're irrelevant for this thread. Thanks for playing.

I'm with King Icewind; go with what you have already. You haven't described which games you're playing, but the Mobility Radeon HD 5650 is the notebook equivalent to the "standard" Radeon HD 5450. In other words, don't expect much high-end gaming from the card.

However if you want quality construction, long battery life, and less hassle, then the Fujitsu is better than the Acer.

Is the contruction on the fujitsu better than that of acer?

I'm not expecting phenomenal gameplay, but can someone give me an example or explain the difference between the 310m and the 5650?

Back