Which of these is the "PREFERRED" cooling units?

i'm not doing phase change myself, however the GT with a baker block mod is apparently about the best going, aside from going totally custom.

DFI Daishi said:
i'm not doing phase change myself, however the GT with a baker block mod is apparently about the best going, aside from going totally custom.

After spending $1000.00 on a cooling unit, I dont want to upgrade ANYTHING! I just want to buy a great COOLING UNIT, and call it done..... thanks

sorry, i had assumed that you are a US resident, since people who don't bother to list their location usually are.

i also don't know what funds you are dealing with.

those units run about $1000 CDN, so i assume that you can get them for better than $1000 US, regardless of your location.

oh yeah: just wanting to slap things together and run them is probably the wrong attitude for someone looking at going into a cooling solution that is this extreme.

DFI Daishi said:
sorry, i had assumed that you are a US resident, since people who don't bother to list their location usually are.

i also don't know what funds you are dealing with.

those units run about $1000 CDN, so i assume that you can get them for better than $1000 US, regardless of your location.

oh yeah: just wanting to slap things together and run them is probably the wrong attitude for someone looking at going into a cooling solution that is this extreme.
I do live in the USA, and who is "SLAPPING" things together? I just want to be assured that if I buy something this extreme for cooling a CPU, that it will work as it should out of the box, you know what I mean! I dont want to spend 899.00 + shipping which will bring it to almost 950.00+ and be happy when it gets here only to find out there is something else that is better.....AM I making any sense? I just want a RELIABLE CPU COOLING DEVICE, that will keep my CPU nice and cold, and not have to worry about keeping my room/house cold. Hell, just that alone will help me with my electric bill! :p . I litterally keep my house @ 68f when my PC is on because if it is any hotter, the computer will freeze. That is why something like this sould be worth its weight in GOLD....

2fresh said:
If you do get the Mach be sure to get a Baker block mod. It is well worth the $. My temps went from somewhere in the 40's to 68c.
was the commentary that i got when i was looking at maybe doing phase change.

on their own, i believe that either unit you have put up nets you temps in the -40 range.

with regards to slapping things together, i was intending to say that it's not simply a matter of putting the cooler on and settign the clock speeds however you want. i wanted to indicate that there is a lot of time that goes into getting a high overclock, in case oyu didn't already realize that.

DFI Daishi said:
was the commentary that i got when i was looking at maybe doing phase change.

on their own, i believe that either unit you have put up nets you temps in the -40 range.

with regards to slapping things together, i was intending to say that it's not simply a matter of putting the cooler on and settign the clock speeds however you want. i wanted to indicate that there is a lot of time that goes into getting a high overclock, in case oyu didn't already realize that.

Well, YES, I do want a system I can order and just start INCREASING my OC. I know how to OC, I just didnt want to go the "WATER" way. I just need something that will STAY cold.... If I order this setup and install everything "AS PER INSTRUCTIONS" I should be able to increase my OC further, right?

newls1 said:
Well, YES, I do want a system I can order and just start INCREASING my OC. I know how to OC, I just didnt want to go the "WATER" way. I just need something that will STAY cold.... If I order this setup and install everything "AS PER INSTRUCTIONS" I should be able to increase my OC further, right?

DFI daishi hit all things in nail on this one. Lemme give you few fallacies of you thinking phase change cooling will be easier than water cooling way...

1) Did you know it could take few minutes for compressor to cool evap temp enough to get CPU bootable? No more insta on for you.... each over clocking steps might take much longer to find out. Not only that, once you did shut down your phase change unit, you need to wait a min or two to make sure you don't overload compressor. Which I belive both above mentioned unit will force you to do.

2) Vapochill has had share of problem with it's chill control where sometimes you are flying without an idea... People who get this kind of cooling do expect nothing to be 100% though.

3) Following instruction can resolve 80% of your problem. I can assure you that 20% of problem might come in and if you turn around asking for help with attitude displayed here, well... you might not be able to find answer. Keep in mind, it isn't like either companies produce thousands of these a year... -_-;

Now that pushed asides,

1) Mach II GT has slightly higher capacity and cooling. But once you start making it look pretty and adding things in for LCD, price do go above vapochill. Not to mention the original nVentive is no longer there and only service center I know is in europe. (other than local people whom obviously you don't want to deal with)

2) Vapochill LS probably would be my suggestion as their mounting is easier to deal with than Mach II and you don't need to buy anything else to match with lian-li case.

3) Mach II R404 modded with baker evap is bar non best of these ... (I CAN vouch for it... I had one :p) Basically Vapochill LS's evap head is copy cat of baker evap... :p Isn't going to be cheap and I only suggest going this route as it will require regassing, etc only if you are to buy used unit.

4) Totally custom single phase unit for your need. Typically cheaper and more powerful. There are at least 3 people in US I know who can do awesome job and do this in regular bases and they are probably your last resort for out of warranty units and also VERY reputable. (after all, they are 1st or 2nd gen of pioneering this technology). (hey I know there are dozen a dime of you guys out there but I am talking of 3 who either have shop, enough production run to do this in dreams... and have been doing this long enough and can find in forum still... I lost track of few others who stopped posting - anyone see baker on any forum now a day?)

So now that I have an "attitude" :p , my ONLY goal here is to do enough research on these 2 products so that when I do spend $1000 on either of these I'll be happy with my decision. Im very sorry if you all thought that I was being rude, I just want to be happy with whatever I buy.....

newls1 said:
So now that I have an "attitude" :p , my ONLY goal here is to do enough research on these 2 products so that when I do spend $1000 on either of these I'll be happy with my decision. Im very sorry if you all thought that I was being rude, I just want to be happy with whatever I buy.....

If so, Vapo LS. But you might want to check this out...
http://www.ocxtreme.org/forumenus/showthread.php?t=190
he is in S. California (local to me) and been knowing to create some very nice units for top benchers.
Another one is someone called Chilly1 who is in Vegas but you won't have access into either site (100 posts before going into FS thread) on xtremesystems.org.
You might find Baker18 around... who basically developed this new type of evap but I can't seem to locate him anywhere anymore. He is in Cali too.
A shop I can comment on is xtwerkz.com (forget their product links.. their computer stuff hasn't been updated for long time... frank there does job for it and he is excellent except... cost might be reaching toward brand new units...) Location of place is in S. Cali again. They all kind of know each other in this high lvl phase change cooling arena.
Oh, bowman who is on many forums... whom I haven't seen new post on forums I go to, is exceptional and is someone like cathar for H2O cooling but again, I can't seem to find him active anymore.

Gold mine of information is available in xtremeresources.com, xtremesystems.com, phase-change.com (dying site but very useful archive information)

http://www.jab-tech.com/customer/product.php?productid=2712&cat=215&page=1

Very reputable shop I've done numerous business with. They are one of Asetek's premier reseller.

The new chilly1 evap is much better then the baker counterpart,we have tested this time and time again and still the chilly1 block come's out on top every single time,r402a is the best gas for a single stage,few *c colder then 404a and also has a little bit better capacity,now for even colder (-55*c @ 0psig) chilly1 has a VERY special gas blend that doesent even have a R number..me and chilly1 work closely on this stuff anf we do it every day,so as far as the term "best" goes..a vapo LS + chilly evap,special blend gas,and what do u get:? a unit cold enuff to get FUGGER's chip to 400+ fsb on a single stage alone :)

with regard to reducing your AC expenses.....

you will get some savings if you start to keep your house warmer. however, i hope that you realize that even there, your AC is going to have to deal with the waste heat put out by the phase change cooler, in addition to the heat that it is already dealing with from the computer itself, and therefore use more energy to keep the house at a given temperature than it does now. that expense is compounded by the fact that the computer's phase change cooler itself is using electricity as well.

BitchBreaker said:
The list is 4 people in the US, Chilly1,BitchBreaker,Baker,and PC_Ice :D
i kind of wish that i knew someone ambitious and HVAC level 2 certified up here........i was kind of thinking about enrolling in the online course for the level 1 cert, but there is not really any way for me to get the level 2 that i need to do this stuff, as things stand right now.

HVAC is a great area to be in,go for it man :) right now i do so many diff thing's idk what i am any more :)

BitchBreaker said:
HVAC is a great area to be in,go for it man :) right now i do so many diff thing's idk what i am any more :)
maybe i will if things don't pan out as expected once i am finished the geology degree that i am working on right now.

my course load for the next few years is the reason that i can't see being able to complete my level 2 cert, which i'm pretty sure that i need in order to legally buy any usefull gasses.

BitchBreaker said:
all u need is your EPA cert to buy any gas u want :)
i don't live in the US, guy.

i believe that without a level 2 HVAC cert and liscense, i can't buy anything other than ozone friendly gasses. i need level 1 to buy "green" commercial/industrial gasses.

if you have an older car up here, and the AC dies, you either have to pay for the conversion costs, or live without. by law, a garage cannot recharge you with any of the old, ozone depleating refridgerants. that goes for house AC and everything else, as far as i know.

i honestly support this legislation. people using these gasses should be qualified and regulated.

newls1 said:
oh yeah, attitude is one of my specialties.

i have been told that many of the posts that i make are worthy of temp banning in many other forums.

zer0signal667 is very tollerant, it seems, of people who know their stuff who tell people who dont know their stuff what is what, regardless of how they phrase it.

so.......maybe i should stop posting in this thread unless i need to respond to a post that i have made.

maybe you need to do a bit more research on which unit performs better out of the box.

maybe we should all, with the exceptoin of BB, start getting educated enough to build our own units which out-perform the pre-fab stuff, at a lower price-point.

DFI Daishi said:
oh yeah, attitude is one of my specialties.

i have been told that many of the posts that i make are worthy of temp banning in many other forums.

zer0signal667 is very tollerant, it seems, of people who know their stuff who tell people who dont know their stuff what is what, regardless of how they phrase it.

so.......maybe i should stop posting in this thread unless i need to respond to a post that i have made.

maybe you need to do a bit more research on which unit performs better out of the box.

maybe we should all, with the exceptoin of BB, start getting educated enough to build our own units which out-perform the pre-fab stuff, at a lower price-point.

Cheaper and colder is the name of the game brotha :)

I cant wait to see this when you get here "BITCH" It will be nice for awhile to have my FX55 OC'ed and not break a sweat :D . 3GHz++++ here I come....

BitchBreaker said:
Ya im leaving tomorrow morning at 7am.U better have my coffee and cheese cake! :D
I will have plenty of coffee, but cheese cake, your shit out of luck

newls1 said:
I will have plenty of coffee, but cheese cake, your shit out of luck

Coffee get's me there
Cheese cake get's your vapo there...choice is your's ;)

I guess i could bring my rig over to..... :D

Back