Votes: 20 15.7%
  • Sony

Votes: 62 48.8%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 45 35.4%

• Total voters

next-Jin

Supreme [H]ardness
Nintendo recently finished up and imo it's a toss up between Nintendo and Sony. I think for me Sony won it with more than "just" new games, a new platform, new products, etc. I think they tied everything together nicely.

Sony won. I watched the nintendo coverage and the wii U doesn't do it for me. I hope they can impress me with later titles. This gen graphics with games that are already playing fine on both ps3 and 360...

One thing is that people will soak it up because by release they can probably offer it for current gen hardware prices.

Sony. Excellent PS3 software lineup and the Vita is a hell of a value for a portable gaming system.

Nintendo comes in second. I like the new system overall but there's some design issues, particularly on that controller, that I really hope are still only prototype phase and they go back to the lab and rethink some things. Sometimes less is more. Some of us just want a good feeling controller. No more. No less. ;)

Microsoft mostly stunk the joint out. A few nice games, tons of Kinect like we expected, nothing new and fresh and just a pitiful presentation.

As primarily a PC gamer, I'm looking at Battlefield 3, Skryim, Deus Ex, and a bunch of other games like that but I certainly am looking forward to Resitance 3 and Uncharted 3 on the PS3 big time as well.

Bottom line: It's a great time to be a gamer and I see a lot of people spending a LOT of money on games between now and the end of this year alone. :)

Someone won?
I'd consider them all losers. :confused: Maybe I'm more cynical than most.
Microsoft was overly-heavy on Kinect.
Sony was overly-heavy on Vita.
Nintendo....I'm with others, I'm still trying to figure out.

Hey, if you like Kinect or portables, then I guess you'd like either Microsoft or Sony.
IMHO neither of the 3 did anything that I really care much about. Putting up a poll and asking for a winner is IMHO like asking who was the least bad of the worst.

I was really happy with almost all things related to the Vita, so I went with Sony.
MS didn't really show me anything new. I don't want the Kinect now any more than I did last fall. I'm still not sold on major system add-ons.
The Wii U is interesting, but I'm going to need more than some screenshots and what looks to be a pricy controller before I'm ready to declare it a must buy. They're definitely way ahead of MS's presentation, but I think there are too many question marks.

Sony, because of the Vita pricing.

All of the keynotes were disappointing. MS is firmly committed to Kinect and I have zero interest in that tech or its games. Nintendo's trotting out a new console that's not even pushing Xbox level tech. Sony didn't announce anything interesting outside of that white hot Vita pricing.

Just a bunch of old games, or new games in old series. Boring.

sony because of MS disney and furry sesame street animals, and Ninendso lol wii-u.

I found this year's E3 to be very interesting concerning games, but hardware-wise I do not feel very enthusiastic...

I cannot get over Nintendo's new system though - Wii U? It just looks so... Actually I can't even find a word to describe what it looks like. And that controller...

Sony, because of the Vita pricing.

All of the keynotes were disappointing. MS is firmly committed to Kinect and I have zero interest in that tech or its games. Nintendo's trotting out a new console that's not even pushing Xbox level tech. Sony didn't announce anything interesting outside of that white hot Vita pricing.

Just a bunch of old games, or new games in old series. Boring.

Without knowing all the specs on the system at this point, and no seeing the system being pushed to its full potential, saying that its not even pushing xbox level tech could very well be true, or a flat out lie. Only time can tell.

Sony for me, no question. I have no interest in Wii U or Kinect, so Nintendo and Microsoft lose for me because of that. I don't care for Vita either, but Sony has some really great games in their lineup that help make up for it. I'm really nonplussed by Microsoft's lineup. Where are the exclusives? Basically, it seems if you don't care for Gears or Halo (like me) you've got nothing to be excited about as an Xbox owner. My 360 broke about three months ago and I still have no motivation to replace it with my PS3 still in operation.

I was hoping Nintendo was going to win with their new system. But it only looks like a marginal (at best) upgrade from PS3/360 systems.

I was surprised MS was full on Kinect and bleeding the Halo franchise.

So I voted Sony. The NGP (I hate the vita name) is actually pretty cool and some of the new titles look really good (Twisted Metal).

I was hoping Nintendo was going to win with their new system. But it only looks like a marginal (at best) upgrade from PS3/360 systems.

I was surprised MS was full on Kinect and bleeding the Halo franchise.

So I voted Sony. The NGP (I hate the vita name) is actually pretty cool and some of the new titles look really good (Twisted Metal).

Kinda wished sony just kept the name the Sony NGP

Like Nintendo, the WiiU is a terrible name, should have gone Nintendo Revolution or something like that, it would have made more sense than WiiU.

Like Nintendo, the WiiU is a terrible name, should have gone Nintendo Revolution or something like that, it would have made more sense than WiiU.

I was hoping for the Nintendo Wii Wii :p

Vita was a bit tough to get used to but now it sounds really normal for me (especially with the e sound rather than the i sound).

Maybe the same will happen with WiiU but I kind of doubt it. How are you even supposed to say it.

Vita was a bit tough to get used to but now it sounds really normal for me (especially with the e sound rather than the i sound).

Maybe the same will happen with WiiU but I kind of doubt it. How are you even supposed to say it.

Its pronounced Wii (as in We) U (as in you). two words.

Sony is definitely the winner IMO. The sheer amount of quality games that are coming out this year for the PS3 and the Vita are astounding. Xbox doesn't have anything compelling besides maybe Halo and Gears.

I'll have to wait until the WiiU (Whew?) has an opening line up before I'll buy into it, but it doesn't seem compelling either until the first Whew Zelda comes out.

sony, because of the content. So many quality first party games. The psv is also looking damn good. I might get one, will make downtime at work a little more enjoyable.

WTF did Sony show/announce that made it so special? I saw nothing

many appealing titles + psv
what did ms do? bunch of crappy kinect games and halo remake...
what did nintendo do? yes nintendo did announce new console but we were left with too many questions

Nintendo, probably. MS was Kinect masturbation and easily the worst of the three, and Sony's just bored me, but that's because I don't care for handheld gaming. If you like it then obviously Sony wins.

The best shows will no doubt be from third-part publishers/developers. Really looking forward to what Capcom has to show.

WTF did Sony show/announce that made it so special? I saw nothing

Well for starters they had everything. They had a new console, way way more AAA exclusives, new peripherals, and more interesting Move support and games. Microsoft had Forza, Gears and Halo. For 3 years now everyone has said those are the only games the 360 has and low and behold that is the same goddamn thing we get again this year. Oh and Disney Kinect ROFL.

That will be the best game ever, just watch :p.

I think their childrens line up is good tbh, but the whole show? My son will like the 360 this coming year. Maybe that's why Freezebyte is mad? I dunno like I said maybe if the big N had something more but as it stands it was Sony by a mile.

1. Don't care about small gaming devices
2. Hate Sony for all its bullshiat its pulled/done the last few years
3. Don't care about Sony titles *metal Gear, Killzone ect..ect..
4. Move is retarded compared to Kinect

In short, Sony did nothing for me

fair enough. I didn't see a controller add on for kinect so enjoy your dance games and Halo.

fair enough. I didn't see a controller add on for kinect so enjoy your dance games and Halo.

But but but you can use Kinect to customise your weapons in Ghost Recon! Take that Move! :D

...The use of Kinect in core games seems relegated to voice-recognition. Considering the mic has been there for the 360 from the start, this could have been implemented years ago.

Nintendo, duh.
Beyond me why Sony decided to show off a 3DTV at a gaming conference. Dont care. Vita, was their only highlight, until they mentioned AT&T. Ugh.

BhYHo.gif

360 fanboy, gotcha.

Nothing to see here boys and girls.

P.S. I just hope halo blows mw out of the water this time, I rather not listen to people talk about cod constantly, I rather hear about master chief. Scary, I know.

Noone really impressed me, sony wins by a hair just because the solution to split screen was enough to make me "hmmm"

360 fanboy, gotcha.

Nothing to see here boys and girls.

P.S. I just hope halo blows mw out of the water this time, I rather not listen to people talk about cod constantly, I rather hear about master chief. Scary, I know.

you mean bf3 !

Nintendo was definately the most disappointing.

No real info on Wii U and all the gameplay footage we saw was from current gen systems. None of it was running on Wii U hardware. The techdemo looked nice but we all know how nice techdemos can look.

Complete disappointment.

Nintendo>Sony>>Microsoft.

I am a huge Zelda fan and I listen to game soundtracks on a regular basis. Also I am excited for the possibilities of the Wii U.

I hate Sony hands down. However The amount of new games and the Vita pricing gave them a close second place.

I love my 360, but I have no interest in Kinect, well at least what they are doing on the gaming side of it. So all the Kinect games and the standard games with Kinect controls thrown into them just disappoints me. Also I don't think Microsoft had a single thing that surprised me. Just same Kinect bullshit, different day.

I believe he was getting at the fact when people talk 360 they talk CoD more than even Halo/Gears which is incredible imo.

COD is just about a 360-exclusive given how crap CODMW2 and Black Ops are on the other two platforms.

Here is my all important opinion of the conferences.

Funny how Microsoft has totally turned from the hardcore gamer to the casual gamer within a few years. I've always thought E3 is made for the hardcore gamer yet Nintendo turned that idea around with the Wii and there conferences turned into a misery to watch luckily Nintendo turned that around and had a pretty good showing the last couple years. Now XBox360 has become the bore of the show. The conference basically told everyone we got Kinect, Gears of War, and Halo. They needed to do something else, a big new surprise for the hardcore gamers and since they went with the same old formula there conference was extremely disappointing.

Sony had a good showing. Sure they showed off the Move and 3D gaming but those weren't the focus of the show. The focus was to sell you on there new portable device and to show commitment to the hardcore gamer and they did a good job on both. With that said they failed to wow me with the PS3 games and everything was pretty predictable for the system. I was hoping at least to be wowed by The Last Guardian but that game was surprisingly a no show.

Nintendo had an interesting show showcasing there next gen console and trying to get back some momentum for the 3DS. The 3DS showing was decent with Starfox64, Kid Icarus, and a new Mario game but the announcement and great showing of the Vita killed any momentum the 3DS could have gained by this showing. Then there's the Wii U which I'm convinced is going to be a hit for Nintendo, but they didn't do a great job presenting it. I was left scratching my head with what I just saw. They didn't want to really showoff the new console, they didn't mention price, they showed no core games, and the list can go on and on of question marks. They said the systems graphics will surpass the PS3 yet they only showed a tech demo of what the system might be capable of. Last year Nintendo hit a homerun on there show, this year they stumbled through a show where they had all the momentum going in.

For me the show defaulted to Sony>Nintendo>Microsoft, but a was generally disappointed as I expected Nintendo to highlight the show and Microsoft to show us something new.

Last edited:
Back