Which motherboard?

Hey guys, i'm going to be buying a new motherboard soon for a gaming system w/ 8800GTX, only i'm unsure which would be best.
For light overclocking, e6600 to 3.2GHz possibly, stability and a friendly BIOS which is best out of the MSI 975X Platinum PowerUP Edition, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 / DS4, ABIT AW9D-MAX 975X or the ABIT AB9 PRO.
I'll probably go for the DS3 due to its popularity and reading the good overclocks people seem to be getting with it.

Does anybody have any reason why i should be more inclined to go with a motherboard other than the DS3?

Cheers.

For E6600 I would recommend you some 975X chipset motherboard, namely P5W DH Deluxe or Intel Bad Axe 2. They have better clock for clock performance over P965 mobos, and both are excellent boards. P5W DH is little bit more expensive, but has better onboard features and bundle (eSATA port, Wi-Fi, remote control). Take a look at them, and decide which one you like more. You won't go wrong with either one, both are great.

If your choice is only between DS 3 and Abit boards, I'd suggest Abit AW9D-MAX.

Thank you.
I doubt i will ever be in the position to utilise the extra PCIe slot on the AW9D-MAX since it's only x8 so it's not compatible with the G80 series, and i can't see myself going crossfire. So the extra PCIe seems like a bit of a waste for what i want it for, unless it was a x16 slot then i could get a couple of 8800 GTXs.
Is Gigabyte's DS4 any better than the DS3? Also, am i right to assume that they are both, along with the older 975X boards like the AW9D-MAX, compatible with Intel's new quad core processors.
Thank's for your reply.

i would go with either a gigabyte ds-3 or asus p5b-e in the 965p chip set .

but at least consider the asus p5n-e-sli with the 650i chipset . from what i've seen its a good over clocker . and the good thing is that these mb's are reasonable you should be able to fine them under $150

if you haven't bought a cpu yet--hold off cause the e-4300 is just a week or so off . it should retail for $160 or less and have the same multi as the e-6600. it may have the beans to be a 100% over-clocker .:cool: :eek: :cool:

I think i'll just play it safe and go with the DS3, with all things considered. Although i am going to hold off to see what the new year brings. Thanks :)

Back