Which monitor should i buy?

Tegnok

n00b
Hey there, i'm at a point where i'm ready to take a leap and upgrade my monitor. I've looked up online and found these 2 appealing, Dell S2716DGR / Acer XB241H

Both are currently on sale for about 500$ cad
Both are TN monitors
Both are 144hz
The only difference that i seem to find is the size, Dell is a 27in while Acer is a 24in.
Also discount price on the Dell is 250$cad while it's only 40$ discount on Acer,

i know it seems like a no brainer on what monitor i should buy considering the difference in size+discount but i'd like to know if there is a major difference, am I missing something?

Thanks

PS: i run a GTX 1660 super
Also 500$ is pretty much all i'm willing to put for a monitor

just my 10 cents but I had the Dell and it was a great monitor. you could do a bit of tweaking and make it pop. was pretty impressed for a TN panel.

i have no experience with the Acer but i would go with the Dell anyway because 1) it's bigger 2) it's 1440p (sweet spot for games, IMO) 3) it's the better deal

Welp, i just bought the Dell, was hoping for more people feedback but was tired of waiting and others monitor just don't seem worth the price difference. Thx for your 10cents haha!

Oh, good choice. The Acer was 1080p and I just can't see spending money for so little pixels in 2020, regardless of other attributes.

Nice choice. 27" 1440p is a good format, I ran that for a while.

1660 Super may not be able to reach 144 fps ultra in new games, but with G-Sync everything should still look smooth.

You can also turn some settings down and figure out if you want to go for graphics quality or smoothness/response.

yep i'm looking forward seing what the 1440p looks like, also i prefer to play games on low graphic setting so i can get more performance instead. Been playing mostly Apex - Valorant - CS:GO - LoL

Back