Which mobile phone security app?

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
There's quite a few to choose from. Is there a consensus off which app really stands out?

I've used Lookout and Avast. Mostly Avast because it seems to have many more features.

Funny you should ask... This report came out yesterday:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/mobile-security/

I've used Avast before, think I might pick up AhnLabs, but to be honest, I don't think I really need a mobile AV. If you stick to the play store to install apps, you should be fine.

Side note: On Reddit, it was discovered that Cerberus has a MAJOR security flaw, and anyone who even guesses you IMEI can get full access to your phone, no questions asked. Seems like the "security token" is just your IMEI in plain text. I uninstalled it real quick after that.

the reason why I use Avast is because it also provides sms/call filter and anti-theft.

Use avast also, works, easy to use, and nice suite of utilities as mentioned above.

I think 2013 is a little too early to start getting mobile AVs

in the future you'll probably need one.

its also probably a huge battery drain.

Av software is next to useless for the non existent problem currently out there but they offer a bunch of good security options outside.

It will only be time once somebody demonstrates a drive by attack that installs a payload without a users knowledge.

Been using AVG Free as it had the highest downloads with a 4+ star rateing. Going to give Avast a try for compairsion

Back