Which memory to get for P55 build?

I just picked up 6 GB of Crucial Ballistix 1600 DDR3 and I'm quite happy. Can hold 1900 stable. on my i7 920 get up.

I've owned Corsair, Mushkin, OCZ, G.Skill, and Geil

G.Skill is the best value ram IMO
OCZ is unstable + their mail in rebate stuff is just too god awful of a process
Corsair your'e going to be paying a premium for the name
Geil middle of the road
Mushkin, rock solid but the in the world of DDR3 1600 it seems like...
Crucial wins because of Micron ram Chips...

Good luck finding it in stock...

Also think about getting 6 gigs vs 4... I know i just opened a can of worms but i think in the long run you will be happier.

If i had to pick from the list I would go with the G.Skill... Why? Timings... and previous success in stable overclocking on AM2 platforms.

The first kit you linked to (G.Skill) is a good one and runs at a low voltage. That's what I'm running only I have 6GB.

I just picked up 6 GB of Crucial Ballistix 1600 DDR3 and I'm quite happy. Can hold 1900 stable. on my i7 920 get up.

I've owned Corsair, Mushkin, OCZ, G.Skill, and Geil

G.Skill is the best value ram IMO
OCZ is unstable + their mail in rebate stuff is just too god awful of a process
Corsair your'e going to be paying a premium for the name
Geil middle of the road
Mushkin, rock solid but the in the world of DDR3 1600 it seems like...
Crucial wins because of Micron ram Chips...

Good luck finding it in stock...

Also think about getting 6 gigs vs 4... I know i just opened a can of worms but i think in the long run you will be happier.

If i had to pick from the list I would go with the G.Skill... Why? Timings... and previous success in stable overclocking on AM2 platforms.
I've been running Crucial Ballistix for the past 5+ years and it's the worst memory I've ever used. I've gone through 4 RMAs. Never buying Crucial again.

I'll probably get the G.Skill or Mushkin.

Back