Which latest video card do you own?

Which video card do you own?

• Total voters
Sound jealous.

I'm not passing judgment on these people. I'm just surprised that a $650 video card is far and away the top card.

It's the best 'value' on the market. By value I don't mean price but the price to performance ratio is better.

I can't vote as I'm still using the Intel CPU as my GPU. :eek:

Sound jealous.

I'm not passing judgment on these people. I'm just surprised that a $650 video card is far and away the top card.
This is [H]ardForum, afterall. If you want something you'll find a way to get it. People spend ridiculous amounts of money on all kinds of things. Since this is a hardware forum we generally like to have the best when it comes to our PCs. Myself, I'm currently trying to work a GT350 into my own budget :cool:.

Still rocking a now gimpy GTX780, thanks NVidia. Would like something better, but I'll be darned if I'm dropping another $650 on an NV card...

Sound jealous.

More likehypocrisy "I spentz near a grands for my uber Haswellz station but omgz, what are deeze noobs with $700 GPUz?! I no understandz" Did you forget what your forum your on?

Still rocking a now gimpy GTX780, thanks NVidia. Would like something better, but I'll be darned if I'm dropping another $650 on an NV card...

Uh, you can get a 980 for a great deal nowadays, noone is forcing a 980 Ti down your throat

More likehypocrisy "I spentz near a grands for my uber Haswellz station but omgz, what are deeze noobs with $700 GPUz?! I no understandz" Did you forget what your forum your on?

You do realize that a computer can be used for something other than a device to play console ports at high resolutions right? God forbid someone actually use a computer to do real work on.

980ti

I'm surprised how many people have $650 to spend on vid cards.

It crept up on me, severely!
My 290x was causing me grief driver wise so I got a high clocked 980, this became unstable at stock speed after a month.
Paid the extra and got a 980ti and was loving it but found I was CPU limited at times, especially in Project Cars.
So I just upgraded from a [email protected] to a [email protected] and it has made quite a difference, PCars is super smooth now, amazing. Constant 60fps at last.

The amount of power just this game needs is astounding (to run at max settings + high AA).
This is my very first gaming test on Skylake and was only for 10 minutes so chances are it gets worse!
My GPU is running at 1454MHz and it touches max GPU use at times, average around 80%.
My new CPU @ 4.6GHz hits 90% use at times, average around 75%.

!!

Got my 290 when it came out. Don't play games much anymore so I have no reason to upgrade.

Sound jealous.

On HardOCP? A snarling, frothing PC hardware fanatic forum?

I mean, sure, maybe on the Vicky's Knitting Circle forums, it might be surprising.

But here? Seriously?

I went from a 780 I got as a gift to a reference 290X/G10/Corsair H50 during the mining fallout. I jumped on an Amazon Warehouse Deal MSI Lightning 290X that OC's like a mofo in April and moved the G10/H50 setup to it. Made enough on the reference 290X to make the move worth it, plus it was fun to mod stuff again.

780ti has been giving me problems for a while now, so I just ordered a 980 today. Hopefully Pascal will suck so I don't feel the need to upgrade again next year, haha

Went from a gtx970 sli to a single 980ti , for now . I upgraded for more vram as I am running a surround set up with three 24 inch 1920x1200 monitors .

Still on CF 290Xs. Both are WCd, but they kinda suck at OCing even if I crank up the voltage. I want to get some sweet K|NGPIN cards, but need more $$$

Surprising results. Had thought AMD would be about 45-50% and not ~35% on these forums.

Even more in the performance cards section.
Nvidia 79, AMD 23
77.5% Nvidia, 22.5% AMD
3.4 : 1

I just replaced my dual 6970s with a 980 Ti. Such a world of difference, its almost like its a brand new computer

MSI R9 290x Lightning and absolutely love this thing. Had it coming up on a year now and it's still doing a great job at 1080 and 144Hz. There's only 1 or 2 games it can't keep in the 100 FPS range at max settings. Solid overclocker especially the VRAM and a superb cooler.

Sapphire Fury Tri-X with the 56->60 CU unlock @ 1080/550. It's eerily quiet, so I love it.

No ability to do multiple votes? (I own 980Ti's SLI and Fury X's CF) :-( So I will be a no vote.....

2 MSI-780-Ti's SLI just got and they just do anything-got them on
Amazon for $255.00 apiece one owner/PC gamer.

Other Cards-2-MSI-660-Ti's/2-MSI-660 GTX/2-MSI-650-TI boost's.

Older-4-Asus 260 GTX's-2-216/2-192's/4-MSI-880-GTS-2-640mb/2-320mb....

I have more then one computer as one has R9-280 and the other has R9-290X ..then I have a 770GTX 4Gb just laying around.

LoL ... You forgot the most powerful single video card in the world ... The 295X2

And yes I said single video card.....not fastest single gpu card....

My main rig has a reference nVidia 980. I also have two HTPC machines I am building, one with a 7970 (MSI TF III), and the other has a Sapphire Toxic R9 270x.

LoL ... You forgot the most powerful single video card in the world ... The 295X2

And yes I said single video card.....not fastest single gpu card....

You know I would have liked to seen that as an option. I know a few people on here have those. Makes me curious to know how many people do.

Quadfire 295X2 here.

Waiting for Fury X2 (Dual GPU) so I can replace with two of those :(

Back