Which laptop should I get?

$4

Weaksauce
I just ordered a Dell laptop but after reading lots of horror stories on Dell’s forum about the Indian based support and problems with returns I am thinking about canceling my order shelling out some extra cash and getting an Alienware laptop. I am looking for feedback on Alienware support and overall satisfaction with their product. I much rather spend some extra money and support a company based entirely in US plus avoid a potential support nightmare.

Well, from my experience with Dell laptops, the support has always been top notch. At least on the business side.

Parts arrive the next day, and the new D series latitude (inspiron on the consumer side) are meant to be completely end user supportable.

LCD's, cooling fans, most everything is modular, so it's just a couple screws and drop in the new part.

I would look at specs of laptops more than the maker, at least in the upper tiers.

been thinking about getting an Alienware laptop too, but i heard the Sagers are much better than alienwares. is this true?

Originally posted by bleed
been thinking about getting an Alienware laptop too, but i heard the Sagers are much better than alienwares. is this true?

Yes it is. All alienware notebooks are rebadged sagers. So if you are buying an alienware you will be paying at least $500 - $1000 more just for a paint job.

i see.... the problem now is that there are too many sager models to choose from :p.

sager notebook

for some reason, the link is not working :confused:

gateway has some nicer ones if you want to go prebuilt.

You can get an Alienware Area-51 laptop right now for about $1500USD. Not all that expensive, really...includes Intel 1.4Ghz processor, a 20Gb Seagate HD and 8x DVD-ROM drive.
We have 3 computers in our household at the moment. A Compaq, a Dell and my Alienware....my sister also also owns an Emachine which I have done alot of work on. I've dealt with all four companies' tech support systems, and none of them come close to the patience, and know-how of the techies at Alienware. One of the first times I called Alienware for support, I happend to get an extremely knowledgable tech that went out of his way to help me, and help me learn as much as possible about the situation I was calling about. Now when I need to call Alienware, I ask for this particular tech, and after holding the line for a bit, I've been able to talk to him, and he actually remembers me and my computer!
Through all the years I've dealt with computer support, Alienware tops any experience I've ever had...
Alot of people consider Aware an overpriced, fancy case...but I would recommend them to family and friends. $1500 for the above mentioned laptop is no overpriced IMO...

KrUnK, thanks for your feed back on Alienware. A looked at the Saeger laptop and although the price and features look good I still decided to go with Alienware.

I know that there is a lot satisfied Dell customers who don't have problems with their hardware but reading their forum and seeing the horror some people have to go thru it's just not worth the money.

Back