Which laptop for VR?

SurgeRush

n00b
I know there's a million different comparisons and what not online, but the prices and specs change constantly and I really don't want to spend $1500 and regret it later on.

I have the Oculus Quest, I'm looking to get into PC VR, $1500 absolute max. I'm not too worried about battery life, weight, or size, mostly just the performance & price.

I was looking at the ASUS ROG GU502GV with the i7, rtx 2060 & 1tb ssd which is $1500 at best buy and available right now. I was also looking at the Acer Predator Helios 300 with the i7, GTX 1660 ti & 512gb ssd on Amazon for $1169.

These are only a couple that caught my eye, if you have any other recommendations for a better or better for the price, please let me know. I don't mind a short wait, but I don't want to wait a month for it to come since so much isn't in stock right now.

Any help would be appreciated, just banging my head on the table trying to make a final decision.

Last edited:
I would get the one with the most powerful GPU you can fit into your budget, which would mean the GU502GV with the 2060, though I would try saving an extra $200 for the GU502GW with the 2070. On the other hand you could always save up for an eGPU dock and dedicated video card for a future upgrade, but docks themselves are not inexpensive and you have to buy a video card on top of that. If you want something to play games now then I would stretch it for the GU502GW.

You can buy an HP Omen 17t with a NON-max q 2080 for $1800 on Amazon.

Back