Which Keyboard should I get...

I'm looking to get a new keyboard since my old 5 dollar keyboard is looking very outdated with my one year old 1000 dollar computer setup. There are a few keyboards I'm looking at and since there all on sale I figure this is the time to buy. Just not sure what one I like better, maybe I can get some help here on figuring which one I should go for. Here are the selections.

Logitech G15 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard

Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys USB Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlighting Gaming Keyboard

I do game on my computer from time to time, currently playing starcraft 2 but counter strike remains my most played, I don't know if that should factor into my purchase here. Any insight on these would be appreciated.

Last edited:
ILLUMINATED!

Don't get me wrong though. I love my G15 at home! But its huge and I never use the LCD and RARELY use the G keys.

the Illuminated is just too secksy to pass up. Buy it and post pics asap.

Yeah, the G keys interest me, but not sure how they really work and if they are worth it. I love the clean look of the Illuminated, but wasn't sure if for gaming purposes the other two keyboards would work better for me.

Don't worry I'll post some pictures for you if I go for the Illuminated!

wait for the Razer BlackWidow. Everything dome can do, mechanical key can do better

Wait a minute you weren't supposed to make this harder for me lol. I've looked at the specs, and I see the backlit version of the Razer BlackWidow is gonna be 130 dollars. Too expensive for my blood, but looks like a great keyboard when it comes out. The reason I like the backlit keys is I do most of my computer time after everyone goes to bed and it's pitch dark in the house, and sometimes it's nice to see everything on the keyboard when I need to find keys I don't normally use, and my keyboard I have now alot of the letters are rubbing off due to heavy use so hopefully this will eliminate that problem.

Now that I've done more studying on the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard I found out I can't push three keys at the same time. Which I will be doing this from time to time. This is making my decision much more difficult now... I'm leaning either towards the Illuminated keyboard or the G110 keyboard, but if the Illuminated one doesn't allow me to use 3 key strokes at the same time I can't get it. I was leaning towards the Illuminated keyboard till I found this little detail out...

G110 or G15. I own the G19 and G110. I love them both! The G110 is just like the G19 without the LCD screen. It only cost $50 too! Unless you need the LCD screen I suggest G110; else you can go for the G15.

Get the illuminated if you want something that actually feels good, the rest is gimmicks and if you need more the 3- keys at once you should look into something else besides Logitech with an N-key rollover...

If you want gimmicks like the LCD screen or the look of the g110, don't bother asking the forum they feel strongly for their beloved Mechanical boards... :p

Now that I've done more studying on the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard I found out I can't push three keys at the same time. Which I will be doing this from time to time. This is making my decision much more difficult now... I'm leaning either towards the Illuminated keyboard or the G110 keyboard, but if the Illuminated one doesn't allow me to use 3 key strokes at the same time I can't get it. I was leaning towards the Illuminated keyboard till I found this little detail out...

If you want a listing of Nkey rollover, 6key rollover, and common failure modes for these "gaming optimized" Logitechs check the "Nkey Reference Listing of Keyboards" - link here.

Thanks for the help everyone. Of course this decision isn't as easy as I was hoping it would be :p. If there wasn't the 3 key issue with the Illuminated I would have purchased it last night. However, now I'm leaning towards either getting the G110 or waiting to see what this Razer BlackWidow Ultimate is like. The G110 has the look I'm liking, however from what I've read it feels cheap and isn't mechanical. The Razer BlackWidow has it all but it's also expensive as hell. I know my girlfriend would kill me if I bought a 130 dollar keyboard but I guess I can wait for Christmas *rolls eyes*.

bafiofromgermany said:
If there wasn't the 3 key issue with the Illuminated I would have purchased it last night.

This concern was posted in another thread, and at least a couple of owners confirmed that they could press three keys. I think some revisions might have had the issue, but it's not universal.

I hated the G keys.. I like a standard keyboard. so I stuck with the Saitek Eclipse II.

This concern was posted in another thread, and at least a couple of owners confirmed that they could press three keys. I think some revisions might have had the issue, but it's not universal.

Yeah, I've read people saying they have no issues at all and then people saying they are having this issues. It seems like almost 70% of the people who comment say they can't use 3 keys. It almost seems like the people who don't have any issues are the people who bought this keyboard when it first came out. Also, when people have been calling tech support about this, they tell them that this is an issue with this keyboard and are willing to exchange it for a G110.

I have also read about another huge issue for the Illuminated Keyboard where the space key doesn't want to register unless you push it dead center and with alot of force. Here is a work around for this issue. If anyone was willing to sell there Logitech Illuminated keyboard without these issues then I'd love to buy it from you!

I bought a G110 from best buy a week or so ago and took it back the next day. It was just plain uncomfortable and key positioning with the G keys got in the way. I've got my old Eclipse II still waiting to be replaced but it's damn hard to do it because this keyboard is really really nice.

I am currently waiting for the Black Widow to come out and I am going to buy it, I would just wait for that if I were you. The Illuminated isn't really for gaming, considering it has bad ghosting.

Alright, well I think I'm gonna wait for the Black Widow and maybe if reviews are positive and if it goes on sale sometime this holiday season I can pick one up. It's amazing I can't find a great gaming keyboard out there, but hopefully one will come out next month! Thanks for the help, else I'm sure I would have just bought the G110 and been disappointed.

Back