Which Keyboard should I get? Deck Legend vs Logitech g19

Omerta

[H]ard|Gawd
I know mechanical switches are supposedly much better, but I really love the multimedia features of the g19. Which should I get? BTW, backlighting is a must for me. Besides being mechanical and backlit, the deck keyboard looks so basic, and I love customizing my keyboards...logitech also has great customer support.

Last edited:
Seems like you've answered your question. The G19 offers everything you want. Go for it. Logitech's warranty service is second to none. They've replaced 3 of my Illuminated keyboards no questions asked... and they don't even want the broken keyboards sent back.

Seems like you've answered your question. The G19 offers everything you want. Go for it. Logitech's warranty service is second to none. They've replaced 3 of my Illuminated keyboards no questions asked... and they don't even want the broken keyboards sent back.

That's because all of their stuff breaks and they know it. I've bought 3 flagship Logitech products (meaning their "top of the line" offerings) and they all wore out or started getting funky before the warranty was up. Last time it happened I just said screw it, tossed the crap and made a note not to buy their stuff anymore.

Oh wait, I just bought 2 cheap Logitech webcams to setup a web based surveillance system yesterday. :D

I understand why people would love the extra features and customization but those that do buy mechanical keyboards find the no frills, small footprint, and simplicity an advantage. I think you'd be happy with a g19.

decided to go with the deck legend keyboard believe it or not

That was quite the change of heart.

You should be pleased however with your choice. :D

Good stuff. I just ordered my first mechanical keyboard.. a filco majestouch from elitekeyboards.com.. and i love this thing. love love love it.

What type of switches did you go with?

black...i tried out the steelseries 7g at frys once...which also uses black...didn't have a problem with it...I actually prefer to "bottom out" my keys without any feedback in between like the blues/browns...

I like my g19 but things that bother me. The screen is small, and if you look at the docking station holding it they could have made it way larger. The warranty is only for a year and that is just crazy for such a high priced item.

Next would be how long before they drop a rev 2 out like the g15 did. Apps and games are still far also. Yes all the g15 apps mostly works on it. But what is the point using old g15 apps on a color display.

Would love to see a bit more customization on the apps for the g19 also. But it is okay don't get me wrong but i'm betting on a g19 rev 2 though. Logitech's service is great if you get the right person and not a tablet user. That ask you something and you can here them flipping through the little trouble shooting tablet.

Do yourself a favor and get the Deck. I am typing on mine right now and it is both gorgeous and nearly bulletproof. Plus you gotta love the clicky keys....

received the deck legend today. i gotta say...could not be happier...thing is built like a tank and the illumination on it is awesome. plus I do love using it for typing even though it is suppose to be more of a "gaming keyboard" since it uses the black switches. Anyone who wants a mechanical keyboard with backlit keys, look no further than the deck legend...overall...i'm very happy with every aspect of my build...

deck are the only company that makes backlight mechanical keyboards, no competition.

I'm happy with ym 82 blackswitch filco for gaming, scorpius m10 for typing.

but i still gotta try the browns and ALPS :D

received the deck legend today. i gotta say...could not be happier...thing is built like a tank and the illumination on it is awesome. plus I do love using it for typing even though it is suppose to be more of a "gaming keyboard" since it uses the black switches. Anyone who wants a mechanical keyboard with backlit keys, look no further than the deck legend...overall...i'm very happy with every aspect of my build...

Omerta, what board did you have before? The pics of the deck boards make it seem like the F keys are a bit further up on the board than most commercial boards. I'm not sure if you can comment on this or not, but I need those F keys for gaming!

I'm in the market for a new board and really like the Deck ones - do I want the tactile or linear for FPS competitive gaming? Did you order it directly from their site?

Thanks.

That's because all of their stuff breaks and they know it. I've bought 3 flagship Logitech products (meaning their "top of the line" offerings) and they all wore out or started getting funky before the warranty was up. Last time it happened I just said screw it, tossed the crap and made a note not to buy their stuff anymore.

Oh wait, I just bought 2 cheap Logitech webcams to setup a web based surveillance system yesterday. :D

I've had my G15 since 2006 and it is in perfect working order. Maybe you should just take better care of your stuff?

There's a few things to consider if you're planning on buying the G19:

1. Price - Yes, it;s nearly a $200.00 keyboard (you can find a few places with discounts such as newegg every once in awhile)

2. Not much compatibility with most software...yet.

3. Requires an AC powersource as well as USB. (This isnt a problem for most, but some are picky)

If you can progress past these things, especially if you are a gamer, you will have no problem dropping the cash for this remarkable piece of engineering. I went from a G11 to this beast, and I'm never looking back. The keys are the most responsive I've ever had the pleasure of pressing, and the multi-colored settings you can preset are excellent depending on light conditions.

The many different macro settings you can use make this a must for most MMO players out there.

Also, concerning the person who has reported on Logitech products failing after a bit..either take better care of your equipment, or don't eat then touch your keyboard because I have owned the Logitech Z-680 5.1 speaker system and the aforementioned Logitech G11 keyboard since 2007 and have had no problems with either of them.

Omerta, what board did you have before? The pics of the deck boards make it seem like the F keys are a bit further up on the board than most commercial boards. I'm not sure if you can comment on this or not, but I need those F keys for gaming!

I'm in the market for a new board and really like the Deck ones - do I want the tactile or linear for FPS competitive gaming? Did you order it directly from their site?

Thanks.

I had so many boards before. The dinovo edge, logitech g15, razer lycosa/arctosa, tarantula, logitech illuminated, believe it or not, logitech g19 (owned it for a few months before I gave it to my cousin), and others I can't remember to list. Deck is by far my favorite.

Anyway, f keys are definitely further up than most boards. You'd want linear for gaming but tactical would be fine too. Ordered it from their site...

Back