which is more powerful 1x7900GTX or 2x7800GTX

SKy042

[H]ard|Gawd
I currently have SLI 7800GTX's
would I get better performance from one 7900GTX than I currently have or is it not worth the trade?

SKy042 said:
I currently have SLI 7800GTX's
would I get better performance from one 7900GTX than I currently have or is it not worth the trade?

No. 7800GTX SLI will still perform significantly better than a single 7900GTX.

I think you're still safe in saying the 7800 GTX pair will give you better performance.....BUT its very close......

My son's rig has a 7900GTX. Boy it shines. I compared my system with his on the GRAW demo and man.......that one card can kick some serious ass.

I like to see two of those paired up.

On another note.....I havent seen anyone run qualified benchmarks or real world stuff comparing head to head with 7800GTX(256)SLI and a single 7900GTX.....I have seen some 7800GTX 512 cards used but not what I happen to have. What I can relay to you is simply my perspective.....I think that either choice would be a good one.....but since I have the two 7800s currently and they run everything I like very well, I cant see changing. My sons comp was a bit underwhelming and I felt the single 7900 GTX would really allow him a good experience in Oblivion and Guild Wars.(thats what he likes to play)

magoo said:
I think you're still safe in saying the 7800 GTX pair will give you better performance.....BUT its very close......

My son's rig has a 7900GTX. Boy it shines. I compared my system with his on the GRAW demo and man.......that one card can kick some serious ass.

I like to see two of those paired up.

On another note.....I havent seen anyone run qualified benchmarks or real world stuff comparing head to head with 7800GTX(256)SLI and a single 7900GTX.....I have seen some 7800GTX 512 cards used but not what I happen to have. What I can relay to you is simply my perspective.....I think that either choice would be a good one.....but since I have the two 7800s currently and they run everything I like very well, I cant see changing. My sons comp was a bit underwhelming and I felt the single 7900 GTX would really allow him a good experience in Oblivion and Guild Wars.(thats what he likes to play)

Can you be my father and buy me a 7900?

Back