Which Is Better Old Tech Tv Or The New Techt V

TECH TV QUESTION POPULARITY

• OLD TECH TV

Votes: 126 93.3%
  • NEW TECH TV

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if this even belongs here..but I voted old. It's not even fair to compare the two.

He is right. They are different shows now.

Bring back Leo LaPorte, and I will watch it regularly again.

WozniakMac said:

And Patrick, and as much as I hate to say it:

Yoshi
Patrick
Kevin Rose (the old cooler one, not this stupid one)
the better Adam Sessler
the list goes on.

yeah i loved watching "the screen savers" it was a cool show as was "fresh gear" with that really hot chick i forget her name but she was hot.

I loved the old tech TV :).

kur1j said:
yeah i loved watching "the screen savers" it was a cool show as was "fresh gear" with that really hot chick i forget her name but she was hot.

I loved the old tech TV :).

Hell yes, Sumi Das

Damn, the old techtv got me into computers in the first place... Too bad crappy G4 had to stomp on it. Bring back Patrick and Yoshi dammit!

Old Tech TV all the way, new is just stupid, Screen Savers used to be so good, with new hardware and game technology and stuff like that now its just stupid crap. They got me interested in technology as well, now with the new crap its just lame. What a shame.

The old TTV was the shiznit. I was channel surfing the other day and noticed that G4 brought Leo back into the scene, but I don't even bother watching it anymore. G4 totally bombed what was the greatest channel on the satellite. :mad:

The new tech tv is aimed at 12 year old console gamers for the most part it seems. Not much of anything on the new and de-improved tech tv, that I care to tune into it anymore..

I would like to hear from the people who voted for "New" TechTV.
I can rant about the new "Tech"TV but i don't want to waste 8 hours writing an essay. :mad:

WozniakMac said:

Hasn't he been back for a couple weeks now?

On G4?

sc00ter said:
I don't know if this even belongs here..but I voted old. It's not even fair to compare the two.

:rolleyes: Did you even have to ask?? Old TechTV kicked arse!! Decent reviews, lots a hands on demo's, etc. It was great to watch it.

The first & only time I watched G4Techtv, :eek: :( :mad: I was... " they canned great hosts, ruined good shows for this crap!!! "

First off, TechTV died when it was bought by G4, So there is no "new techTV" Sure sure, it was G4TechTV for a while, but lets be honist, it was G4.

Second, G4 has shows like "Arena", which when i first saw it made me think "Yep, playing games is alot more fun than watching people play games". Even the only show still from the orginal techtv, Extended Play, is only a shell of its former self. Its gooy game center has been replaced with some bad excuse for filmschool quality short films

Third, G4 is no longer even all games, now its games with spike TV style shows mixed in.

So in short, your comparing apples to pondscum, Which one do you want to eat?

Im all up on the new.

This is based soley on the fact that I havent seen the original host of "Help Desk" since its makeover.

That guy irked me in the wrong way.

Remember when they actually showed "Tech" stuff, and they actually showed a computer on the screen?

All it is now is craptastic games that will rate a 4 out 5 about 99% of the time, and horrible anime shit that belongs on cartoon network. And what is up with putting the Man Show and that stupid show about car shows with that REALLY annoying guy on that channel?

old tech tv was better, i hate patrick nortan though. HIs talks so nasely and has this bitchy and arrogant attitude

Although they didn't talk about the newest tech, and they didn't seem to teach me much...it was like visiting your favorite tech website and discussing computers, etc but with Emeril Live!. There were a lot of people that liked watching it, including myself.

I hate the game shows and cartoons ("anime") that they play consistantly.

Seems like when G4 and Tech-TV were separate, someone on G4 hated the other soo much that they almost turned evil.
And when G4 bought Tech-TV they did and are doing everything in their power to kill and maim and bury Tech-TV for good. (insert evil laugh here)

Seroiusly...whoever the producer at G4 is needs to find another line of work. Cause he sucks as a channel producer. We don't watch games, we play them. We DO watch tech stuff cause it gives us ideas. (insert clip of guy breaking lead phonograph tube here)

This poll is flawed. It's like comparing apples to horse shit!

Can you guess what my vote was? :mad:

Old, I don't even watch the new shows anymore. It feels like the Mickey Mouse Club to me. :)

Kathy

TechTV used to be one of my favorite channels (except when they had that anime shit) but now I don't even get it as part of my package anymore and guess how much I care?

I have only 1 single good thing to say about G4. They don't play that puppets on strings show. God I hated that.

SwanBeeCh said:
Im all up on the new.

This is based soley on the fact that I havent seen the original host of "Help Desk" since its makeover.

That guy irked me in the wrong way.

He wasn't that bad, and now everything else sucks. Definitely TechTV(not 'old', its the only one called TechTV).

(offtopic) I believe we have a common friend Chris/Nemo, though I haven't talked to him in a while (/offtopic)

No very old school

ZDTV

Actually back at that time I won something from their avatar based chat room during shows. Man that was cool. In a "I am a real geek" way.

Kate, Leo... That was a show, some Mikelah pirerra, and Sumi Das. That was a good channel back then.

rayman2k2 said:
And Patrick, and as much as I hate to say it:

Yoshi
Patrick
Kevin Rose (the old cooler one, not this stupid one)
the better Adam Sessler
the list goes on.

lets not forget kat schwartz... mmmmmmm

Lest we forget...

1big.jpg

Ummm Morgan. I have been know to watch x play just to see her. I hate the content but for some reason she is just hot.
I think that the reason that tech tv is not so good anymore is cause they dont have true geeks in the corporate offices. I dont know what happened behind the scenes but it just makes no sense to me. Build a network, get on most cable/satelight networks, get a good loyal fan base then change everything ????????

I liked the old tech tv, I sure miss Yoshi and his pc mods. And what is the deal with attack of the show, it looks like something if Bestbuy had geeksquad as a tv show.

Scorpionjwp said:
I liked the old tech tv, I sure miss Yoshi and his pc mods. And what is the deal with attack of the show, it looks like something if Bestbuy had geeksquad as a tv show.

lol... thats funny 'cause its true... "attack of the geed squad", with your hosts, sara "bowleg" lane and some guy...

insanarchist said:
Lest we forget...

1big.jpg

morgans hot, but i still prefer kat... no pics of her to show...
and i have watched xplay just to see her, but lately, some of the stuff they have her wearing is just crap...

Man, the Screensavers (new) is funny in a pathetic way. Someone called up asking for best S775 mobo. Guess what they recommended for one? A S939 Asus A8n-SLI Delux... You have no idea. I think whoever decided to recommend that should be hung at the gallows.

The old TechTV is by far better than the "new" TechTV. IMO they really did a stand up job f****** that channel up. Once the original Screensavers went it was pretty much through for me. The only show worth watching on that channel now is X-Play. IMO this channel really became catered to the non techies aka average joes out there.

techtv....
leo still has call for help in canada. and there is anothergadget show too. they can be had via bittorrent. (they have their own tracker). Although call for help is very noob-ish, seeing leo on a tv show brings back fond memories. :(

/am i wrong to think the chicks on g4tv.com or whatever that show is called are hot

Back