Which is better GeForce FX 5200 or Radeon 9600se?

Jaa-Yoo

Limp Gawd
Hey folk,
Ive been putting together a second system out of parts from my old machines. I have a bunch of cards to choose from but the 5200 and 9600se where the last ones i bought. I'll probably do some occasional gaming on the system so i'd like to use the better card. Which one is the better card?
Thanks

Oh, does anyone know where i can find some info showing ati nvidia equivalents?
i.e. Radeon X800 = Geforce 6800

Are You kidding? Allthough I'm nVidia whore I have to say 9600 is far better card.

Well just search on goole for card reviews and they allways put ATi VS nVidia scores.

MD

Rule of thumb: EVERY card is better than the FX5200.

(except mid-end GeForce 2's and lower. I've seen a GF2 GTS perform about as good as an FX5200 in Doom3)

Yeah, the FX series has anemic DX 9 support... :( that generation truly was a shame, to say the least. Thank God nVidia's back on top of the game now... :)

Thanks fellas. :)
When i bought this card (online) i thought i was buying a 5700, i didnt notice i had selected the wrong one until after it had shipped. I dont live in the states so sending it back would have been costly. Buts its useless now so it cost me anyway. :rolleyes:

The 5200 is an " alright " card. I certainly wouldn't be using it if I intended on playing the F.E.A.R demo or any real high end games. I mean , you should still be able to play high end games with it , but the eye candy will be turned down significately.

the 9600 would have been a better choice.

Back