Which is a better laptop GPU?

RussianHAXOR

Supreme [H]ardness
Since all the manufacturers pulled all their high end nvidia GPUs now i have very limited options for a gaming laptop... Mind you, i am buying from costco only...and they have almost no good GPU selections. They almost wiped all their gaming computers off their site. :(

so my main question now stands as... which is better 8600GT, 3470, or 9500gt ?

Check out Newegg's Asus line...I believe the 9xxxgt mobiles beat the 8600gt...not sure about the 3470 though...

I would go with the 9500gt. Though I believe you mean 9500GS. I am not aware of a mobile version called 9500GT.
It is slightly faster than the 8600GT, without the risk of having your graphics card break down due to the design.
Both the 8600GT and the 9500GS are way faster than the 3470. The 3470 supports DX10.1 instead of 10, but it is so much slower it is just not worth it, compared to the other two.

Definitely the 9500.
But of course it depends what the laptops are in terms of other specs. If the one with the 9500 has way way lower other specs, it might not worth it.

Yeah, well id be downgrading from a P8400 to a T5550

Is it possible to upgrade the CPU in question on your own? At least you could that if you find it too slow, where if you got one of the slower graphics cards, you are more or less stuck with it...
So, perhaps the better of two evils?

Too bad you can only buy one from one place.

The reason I am saying this is because the new Toshiba X305 costs the same in the USA (from what I see from major sites there), and it will drive circles around any of them.

9500gt definitely well and make sure you get the best cpu you can afford.

Back