Which is a better chipset for a microatx am2+ mobod?

commissioneranthony

[H]ard|Gawd
In regards to a reliable northbridge chipset, which of the following has better compatibility for old (am2) and new cpu's (Am2+) as well as flexibility in overclocking?

AMD 790GX
AMD 780V
AMD 780G
NVIDIA GeForce 8200
NVIDIA GeForce 8300

I'm trying to determine which chipset is best in a microatx mobod, which would help in my final selection for a am2+ mobod. I'm leaning more toward the 8300 chipset due to it's wider feature set in io ports (firewire and esata support) and faster data transfer rates over usb and sata than the AMD chipsets. Any help would be great.

AMD 780G are fine but the 790GX will be better to OC a phenom. (still no 790GX micro boards yet)
Nvidia 750a isn't bad choice either.

The newer AMD SB's are very competitive with transfer rates, and eSata and Firewire are found on plenty of AMD boards. Thats up to the board manufacturer to implement, not the chipset. Giga-byte's 780G motherboard is very nice! Are you going to use the onboard video? What other system components are you planning to use?
Jason

I'm gonna end up using a 4200+ x2 I had from one of my old systems, 2gb of pc2 8500 corsair xms2 ram, a low profile graphics card, but until then I'll use internel graphics (i don't want the integrated gpu to die on me) and a lian-li pcv350b case. I still gotta find a hdd that has a fast write speed

Back