Which high-end headphone do YOU want?

Which High-End headphone do YOU prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No R10.... I cant afford the R10. Pick from the ones I can afford (above) which of those do YOU prefer. :)

Pinipig523 said:
No R10.... I cant afford the R10. Pick from the ones I can afford (above) which of those do YOU prefer. :)

lol I suggest you never ever listen to the R10 or else you will want one.

The only one from the list that I've listened to (and owned) are the HD600s. I'm content with them, but I don't know how they compare to the others.

Consequently, I'll have to vote for the 600s out of pure ignorance.

Lets see...I have the hd580s and love them. The only ones out of the list that I have heard are the hd650's and hd600's, but the hd650 are supposedly another level up, so I will go with those.

I am interested in hearing the SA5000 and DT880 but definitely not after I pay

I also have the 580's which are very similar to the 600's, so I will recommend the 600's since I absolutely love my 580's.

Mmmmm Grado sound....my next headphone purchase will definitely be the SR325i :cool:

Then maybe at a later time I will explore the 'other end' and check out the HD580.

I own a pair of Sennheiser HD600s, they are definitely smooth, airy and detailed. With my amp (Perreaux SXH-1) I can hear every musical nuance presence in recordings. The phones really need an amp to shine. They're also open, so fan noise does get to me to a certain point. They're great phones and I wholeheartedly recommend them.

I really want to get the HD650.. but I already have my Etys and Alessandros and no money :(

Maybe the Grado PS-1, otherwise I'm content with HD600's and Cardas cable upgrade.

/me <3 Sennheiser

650's. Maybe if I heard something from one of the other manufacturers I'd want those, but for now I'll stick with what I know.

I want the Grado RS-1s. Ive got a set of SR-80s and they are killer. I cant imagine how good the RS-1s sound!

I just got the HD650s... put them on.... :eek: (stunned).

Music sounds very balanced, there is blackness between the notes, the detail is very present while being sibilant-controlled. I have heard the Sony SA5000 and I have to say that I like the HD650s faaaaaar more. I A/Bed the 650s and the HD555s - no contest in balance and treble clarity. There is no graininess in the upper midrange and treble anymore with the 650s.

Surprisingly, the 650s seem to be more open and airy compared the HD555. I dont understand where people get the idea that these are dark phones - these are sooooo airy.

MisterX... mission accomplished - you get your wish, you can close this thread now.

Thanks everyone!!

HD650s on my head.... with my head bobbing away. :D

9.8/10

I am wondering what the results of both polls are but I am to lazy to check the Head-fi thread. ;)

Problem with the HD series is that a cable upgrade will significantly improve your hi-fi. I'm a Grado labs man myself. Although Sennheiser is comfortable, you can't beat Grado's fidelity!

Mister X said:
I am wondering what the results of both polls are but I am to lazy to check the Head-fi thread. ;)

650s were #1 on headfi. Followed closely by RS1 (#2) and then the DT880 (#3).

I have heard one of the main differences between the 650 and the 600 is that the 650 sounds "closer"....But I am not sure which I prefer! I usually use lots of reverb on my games, and I wonder if a slightly farther away sound would enhance that....What stores have these phones available for listening?

SA5000 for me.. running out of a GS-1 and a VDA-1/VAC-1 it trumps the HD650 imho. Although I don't think the synergy is equal in this case..

Back