Which generation of gamer are you?

Late Gen X -> Core Zoomer (^^,) Really hard to say wich one was most hardcore..

There were bumps and valleys, like a sine wave. steady increase from late gen x to late millennial, then a huge valley around 2006 and started coming back up from 2008 peaking during 2010. Only to slightly dip again, and it was smooth sailing since then.

Finished about 25 games in 2010, I think that's the most I ever did in a year. Guess that makes me a core zoomer?

Early/Late Millenial.
My first machine was a hand-me-down Pentium 60 Mhz. Bought my first console only in 2014.

born in 86, consider myself a late Gen X, my first console was my Dads Commodore 64, i still remember the games i would play on it (unfortunately not there names), the first console bought specifically for me was the SNES, and i cut my FPS teeth on wolfenstien 3D on my uncles computer. My first actual gaming computer i used to play the demo disks alot, and later got my hands on the first AvP game.. And now at 32 i still play games even with my 2 kids.

Core millennial for sure, grew up with the PS1 playing Need for Speed, Spot Goes to Hollywood and a bunch of other games I don't remember the names of. Then I got a pc and it was all Diablo 2, Starcraft, Warcraft, Quake. Didn't get much exposure to win95, more with win98 and winxp

Early Gen X. 1st console was Pong.

atari-super-pong.jpg

Core Gen X but I really got my start in all the Arcades which were way over anything out there. When they had a NES at the local Shopko on demo went nuts over that.

If this is based of the first system you played games on then I'd be "Core Gen-X." I don't know what it means by "peak of gaming." Peak in the context of gaming can mean so many different things.

Late Gen-X I was pretty late to get into computer games seeing I started end of master system/start of megadrive era but born in '74.

Born in 84. Definitely too young to be a real Gen X but i'm either Late Gen X or Early Millennial according to the chart.

I was born in '83, but first played games on an original Apple II and Atari 2600 which is why I said "Core Gen-X." My family didn't make enough money to get those fancy new game consoles until the early '90s.

I was born in '83, but first played games on an original Apple II and Atari 2600 which is why I said "Core Gen-X." My family didn't make enough money to get those fancy new game consoles until the early '90s.

Born in 80, but other than that, this was my experience as well. Only reason we got a Super Nintendo, was my mom won one from Safeway in a draw that she forgot she entered at the store.

I was born in 81 and I remember getting the NES with the robot and the zapper gun for Duck Hunt for Christmas of 1985 so I'd say I am a "Late Gen-X" gamer.

Late Gen X. My first gaming system was NES, started playing on PC in 1990. Though it's kind of dumb that it says "Which was the Peak for you". If that is the case I would be a Gen Z, since gaming has gotten significantly better over the years so I think it has been consistently peaking.

I agree with M76, it is kind of like a sine wave. I fall into the early/core millennial era age wise but personally my experiences went from Atari 2600->SNES->PS1->PC. My kids have had the Wii, WiiU, and now Switch but I don't have much interest in them.
I don't know that I would call anything on that chart -peak- gaming since I still have hope for the future.

WTF is a zoomer? First I've heard that term.

Also - "Peak Gaming"... I would say late 90's early 00's, when Doom/Quake were big and PC graphics cards and CPUs were both doubling in power every 18 months. According to that I'm a Millennial, but those weren't my first systems, just when I think gaming hit it's peak.

End of Core Gen X with the family's Intellivision and ti 99 4/a.
Bought the NES with my school lunch money (think of the staving children!!!) and later got a SNES for my birthday, then traded my N64 bought with my 1st job earnings for a PS1, pre-paid the PS2, and the Dreamcast was the last console I owned as I moved to the PC master race!

For consoles I guess Early Millennial, but I was playing PC games before that.

While I could go back as far as Early GenX, serious gaming started with the C-64 which would make me LateGenX

I grew up on PC starting in the late eighties. Seeing old consoles doesn't spark dates in my head.

Lately I am much more impressed with a PS4 Pro in the living room than a PC connected to a mediocre looking IPS gaming monitor.

early millennial (for console)... core millenial (for PC - wasn't impressed with PS1/N64)

gen-x.

I had a dedicated pong console.

My first PC was a Tandy 1000 my dad bought when I was 10 years old in 1989.

Early Gen-X I guess, born in 74'. Started gaming in arcades then got a Atari 2600 for Christmas, than a ColecoVision in 82'. Then probably spent hundreds of dollars in arcades (thanks mom!) before I bought my own NES from mowing grass in 86' $89.99!

Had a Sega Genesis and a TurboGrafx-16, last console I had was a PS1. First PC game I played was in the computer lab in HS in 90', Battle Chess on a Commodore 64. I was hooked but didn't like DOS. Didn't really get into PC's until NT 3.5

Started gaming at the end of Late Gen X, peaked during the Late Millennial era.

Per the chart I guess they're counting me late x'r. the earliest picture of me gaming is playing zelda in 1987 on my cousins NES at 5 years old.

I think the oldest system I've ever owned is an atari 2600 so thats about where my nostalgia ends and despite having a massive atari library I don't really miss it. I kinda miss the adventure game where you find warp doors A-Z. I dont think it was adventure it was something else and the empire strikes back hoth game.

6g-zO5.gif

I have kind of a random limit when when it comes to nostalgia. Basically if a game can overcome its graphics by being fun "to me" I'm all about it. Like I'll play the shit out of old Wizardry and games like Hilllsfar but theres a lot of playstation one games I wont play because they're ugly as shit. I'll never play any of the later Ultima games. They simply do not look fun.

To give an example my 3 games I'm kinda focused on lately are Resident Evil 2 remake, Baldurs Gate II and Dark Souls: PTDE. That said I just got my Original Xbox upgraded to HDMI 1080i I might find something super distracting on that.

Back