Which gender do you choose in a video game?

Which gender in video games do you choose?

• Male

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • Female

Votes: 53 27.3%
  • Both

Votes: 78 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I play as a male character usually, but sometimes I'll play as a female character if there's some content for them that I want to check out. Usually I don't need to, because my wife will normally play as the female character and I can see how that stuff is that way.

When I'm playing Witcher I usually go with the male and then female when playing tomb raider. ;)

I have no problem with the female. I'm married, kids. Actually the kids see me play some of the games. They definitely don't see all, but some stuff has caught me off guard while they were watching! :eek:

2irq2qq.jpg

"NOW IT PUT'S THE LOTION IN THE BASKET......."

For me, it mostly depends if it is first person or third person. If it is third person and I have to look at my avatar walking or running around, I will pick a female char. Like I tell my wife, if I have to look at that ass all the time, it is going to be a nice ass, lol.

I'll do both, but mostly female. especially on 3rd person view games. Why do I want to stare at the back end of some dude-bro character vs a hot chick.

Typically I will choose male if I can customize the character but if I am choosing preset characters then I sometimes choose women if their abilities fit my play style.

Because they're just shaded polygons and not actual human bodies?

Well, for me, I don't just choose it based on the bodies, but also the voice of the character. If you're going to have to also listen to a character for hours on end, I don't want it to be an ear bleeding grating experience.

For FPSs, I tend to stick to whatever gender will give me an edge. And honestly, even disregarding hit boxes, psychologically, this will often be the female character. Guys just don't like being fragged by women, and tend to play worse and will tend to go on tilt more.

But generally, I don't care which gender I play. It's a video game, not an online dating service. If someone's upset because I'm playing a female character and I'm a guy, why should I care? I usually choose the gender based on graphics, voice, competitive edge, and overall feel to the game (I.E. I would play a male character usually if it took place in a medieval world).

I'll do both, but mostly female. especially on 3rd person view games. Why do I want to stare at the back end of some dude-bro character vs a hot chick.

Unless the game is focused on eliminating butt crabs from behind, the action should be in front of your character.

But, really... if you're playing a 3rd person action game, there isn't time to be staring at virtual backsides.

Dirty, stinking Fast Traveler, aren't you? 3rd person games tend to have a lot of walking / standing+waiting, and that's when your eyes go to the butt.

Cosmic butt pinching crabs, obviously.

But, really... if you're playing a 3rd person action game, there isn't time to be staring at virtual backsides.

Well, there are fetch quests, and then the hauls back to the store to sell junk.

As a buddy of mine once said, "If I'm going to sit staring at an animated ass for untold hours, I at least want it to be a hot chick."

I usually play as a female character unless they're hyper-sexualized and overly feminine. Like I would never play as a female in FFXIV.

if my character can be hot I play as a girl. In Saints row i either play a hot asian or ugly fat butch hag. If it is a FPS i play as a guy. I played in an MMO once as a female char and so random male characters would give me free gear, but that felt a bit creepy.

Don't need to be real to be good looking.
Right, but you're inherently defining "good looking" in a sexual way. A man ass holds true to the same basic aesthetic qualities as a woman ass (symmetry and so forth), but you find woman ass more pleasing to the eye due to a more primal sexual connection. When applied to rasterized polygon virtual asses, doesn't that seem more than a little weird?

Right, but you're inherently defining "good looking" in a sexual way. A man ass holds true to the same basic aesthetic qualities as a woman ass (symmetry and so forth), but you find woman ass more pleasing to the eye due to a more primal sexual connection. When applied to rasterized polygon virtual asses, doesn't that seem more than a little weird?

I do prefer vector asses. Infinite zoom without artifact.

Both, depending on their attributes.
Some female attributes are compelling.

Pretty much. Stats win out over all.

If Male and Female stats are the same, then it comes down to the archtype and what i think the character should be.

Sorc/Wizard = Female
Fighter = Male
Cleric = Male
Healer = Female

i dunno why.

yeah they have the same stats but I'm saying the men 'look' stronger...and you can get tweak them to look really buff while females can't

Ah. I understand. Yeah that's a really big bummer sometimes I really want to make a buff chick, ya know? While it is possible to make a stick figure look badass it does get really old to have to work with that a lot of the time.

The only exceptions I remember is female Tauren and Orcs in WoW. The rest are all stick figures or in the middle somewhere.

Female,

Who would want to see a male butt during the whole game ?

:)

teh ladiez (And gay men too I guess)

Last edited:
If I am going to be romancing other characters (ala Mass Effect) definitely male, otherwise female. Because I don't want to stare at a guy's polygonal (or otherwise) ass if I don't have to.

Depends mostly on the models...
Baldur's Gate? Male.
Mass effect? Female.

Oh, and back when I MUDed, I had female characters on this one MUD because it had some super easy to get but medium-high quality female-restricted armor that made "booting" much faster/easier.

Male, because I am a man, and am content with my sexuality. Not to mention the character is an avatar of me.

If you didn't know it was a man or a woman's ass, you'd probably just judge it based on how it looks. Putting it into context is what makes you feel that way. In a game's context, it's a female's ass. Seems to me, you're trying to find a way to define it in a way you hate it or something.

An example would be Family Guy's episode: Death Lives. Where Peter is shown Edward James Olmos' ass.

Well, whatever works for you I guess.

Back