Which gender do you choose in a video game?

Which gender in video games do you choose?

• Male

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • Female

Votes: 53 27.3%
  • Both

Votes: 78 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Singleplayer: Male
MMO: Female

Why? Female = you can usually get more of what you want from other male players :D

in wow I saw a lot of males playing male chrs when they played fighter chrs and female especially when they played healer class. This was in my guild and we talked all the time so you knew.
Yep we had 4 main female players and a few other casual female players, and all of them played female chrs. Never saw one of them playing a male chr.

Male if there's a choice. As much as I love staring at females with celestial body in skimpy outfit, it just doesn't feels right playing a female character especially in role playing games. I enjoy the role playing aspect of a RPG game, so to a certain extend, my characters are a resemblance of a virtual me.

So for that same reason, I always chose human race as well, irrespective of whether they are optimal for my build

Because I'm not a horny adolescent/virgin cave dweller, and I'm a man, I play as male.

Both, depending on their attributes.
Some female attributes are compelling.

Depends on whether the selection affects game play for me ... if the attributes between them are different then I will pick the one that has the attributes I need ... if there is no functional difference between them I will often pick whichever one looks better ... if I have to sit in front of a screen looking at an Avatar for hours it is nice to have that Avatar be an attractive female ... I don't play multiplayer games so the selection of an Avatar or game persona only affects my gameplay and not my interactions with other players ;)

Because I'm not a horny adolescent/virgin cave dweller, and I'm a man, I play as male.

I'm 40, married for almost 19 years, with 5 kids, and I play male or female characters. The decision is based on the male and female style of the races. I just couldn't stand the male Night Elves or male Blood Elves in WoW.

Also, most of the time, melee are male and casters are female.

I'm 40, married for almost 19 years, with 5 kids, and I play male or female characters. The decision is based on the male and female style of the races. I just couldn't stand the male Night Elves or male Blood Elves in WoW.

Also, most of the time, melee are male and casters are female.
Yeah, its a bit odd that in a role playing game, players restrict the roles they play in such a basic way of the sex.
Favouritism is one thing, but being scared of demonstrating real life traits is funny.

Because I'm secure with my sexuality, and I'm a man, I play as female. See, I can do it too. ;)

I think females look better in armors usually, so that's what I make 95% of the time.

It depends. I do both, but in games like WoW, i tended to play female characters, as who wants to watch a mans back for hours at a shot? Although in WoW my main was a male character, the rest were all female.

It's all about the eye candy for me. Plus, a true role player should play as a female, it's a trip trying to act like a woman when you're a man. And probably funny as hell for the women watching a man trying to accurately role play a woman. ;)

Female. I figure if I gotta stare at a character's ass for 18 hours, it might as well be female.

Mass Effect I play as male Shepard more though but mainly because the guy playing male-Shep just does a better job and is more believable and I'm really into that game more than I probably should be so I'm a lot more picky. Otherwise, give me some hot chick's ass in spandex FTW!

Female.

Only times I make a male is if he is sexy, and most males in video games aren't (And even if they are good luck finding skimpy clothes for them), so definitely female.

..Unless she looks like a 12 year old bubble-head with huge tits the size of dirigibles, in that case I don't even play the game at all.

Yep we had 4 main female players and a few other casual female players, and all of them played female chrs. Never saw one of them playing a male chr.
Duh! The guys are so damn UGLY. Note to all game devs: shaved gorillas on steroids are not sexy. And no Blood Elves are not sexy either, that is just the opposite extreme.

men only...I'm playing the game to be a bad ass warrior and not look at pretty CGI women...men are stronger and usually have better voice-over acting

men only...I'm playing the game to be a bad ass warrior and not look at pretty CGI women...men are stronger and usually have better voice-over acting
In most games stats (And the ability to be a badass warrior) are the same for both sexes, just sayin'.

In most games stats (And the ability to be a badass warrior) are the same for both sexes, just sayin'.

yeah they have the same stats but I'm saying the men 'look' stronger...and you can get tweak them to look really buff while females can't

I play both, Games i am going to play seriously like wow, or star Citizen I will play as male, at leased as my main. other games that i am not very invested in like skyrim, fallout or eve I usually pick female. I did play as female Shepard but i kinda regretted it. it just didnt feel right.

Really? I usually think the female characters tend to have better voice acting.

I usually do a male main and alts are both depending on what I do.

Female. Cause if I'm going to be spending hours on end looking at someone's back-side, I'd rather it not be a dude.

In the past I generally chose females. A lot of games had hit boxe sizes depending on male or female. So a female character gave you a smaller hit box, and thus a smaller target for someone to hit. In my favorite game of all time, Tribes, 90% of the players were female for that reason.

I play as both and the decision mainly depends on if I prefer the male of female models/styling for a certain class or race combo. In fantasy games for example I'll pretty much always choose male for a dwarf but for an elf I tend to go with female over half the time.
When I intend to RP the character then the personality of the character also plays a part in the decision (and no, I don't mean the flirty Hotlips McSluttypants type of character, I grew out of that 20 years ago ;) )

Hard to say which I've played most over the years but it'll be around a 60/40 male to female character ratio.

Its funny really...

I think I only really first started playing Female characters... because of Diablo. Being gender locked into a female rogue, I found a new appreciation for the archer class as well. It's a bit sad though, that most archer classes seem to fail in the games I've played afterwards.

I also mained a male in Ultima Online. Though, I switched back and forth after getting off the official servers.

So I guess I should really say both, but I do mainly use female characters nowadays. Guild Wars, Vindictus, and such, was almost all female for me.

I've seen plenty of female players say they play male characters not only for the looks but because they think they will get less unwanted attention if playing as a male. Though, judging by this thread, maybe they should play female characters because everyone will assume it's a male player anyway.

Back