Which Geforce 9800 GT should i get?

Hyperian

Limp Gawd
So i'm looking up and down the 9800 GT list in newegg and i'm probably gonna buy it from them and i see around 26 cards. I also read other threads here about this card and it seems like the dual slot solution like the EVGA one is pretty good.
but then i dont quite get why that card is so much cheaper than the other ones which are around 109 after rebate (is there some catch?)

the most commented card on there is the XFX card that comes with call of duty 4 and it's a single slot which i've read runs quite hot. and the single slot EVGA one also runs hot when i read some reviews
the only thing i worry about buying that EVGA 2 slot one is the price, seems like there's some sort of a catch, maybe there's some version difference?

Up until recentely I had the MSI copper heat pipe model in my PC and it was great, but I bought my HD4870 so it's headed for eBay. Check out the MSI.

Dual slot EVGA's in the 9800GT series are 2 year warranty instead of lifetime, if that matters. Part numbers ending in -TR.

See my post on an EVGA 9800GT card that has the lower heat-generating 55nm core. No guarantees you'll get one but odds are good.

I don't know if i want to rely on luck to get a 55nm instead of a 65nm for cooling tho.

Either way, the 65nm and 55nm cards should perform similarly and as long as you have the lifetime warranty one you're good to go.

thanks guys, decided to just buy evga 9800 gt with the lifetime limited. but i doubt i would keep the card for more than 2 years tho (lol)

How can you tell if you have a 55nm 9800GT?

The B1 in the below pic indicates 55nm

img4552cv7.jpg

Back