Which games have you finished the most times?

M76

[H]F Junkie
Question is simple: which games campaigns have you played the most?

I know it's not an exact science, I haven't kept track either but at least I have some vague idea.

The Mass Effect games are up there near the top, I still have the saves so these are proven numbers.

Mass Effect with 8 confirmed playtroughs +6 unfinished
Mass Effect II 10 confirmed playtroughs, plus 7 additional characters I started a new game with.
Mass Effect III comes in last with only 3 finshed +1 unfinished campaign saves.

Dragon Age: Origins 7 unfinished 1 finished campaigns.
Dragon Age II: 3 finished campaigns 0 unfinished

Other games where I can only rely on my memory:
Half Life - probably around a dozen give or take
DeusEx - The only game that could surprise me even after the 10th playtrough
DeusEx Invisible War at least 3

C&C : A lot of times :D Really have no idea, probably over 6
Red Alert : More times than C&C that's all I'm sure of.
Mafia : I want to say 10 but that's a guess.
Max Payne : Redacted

Hell this is not as easy as I expected :)

Finally here is something more recent: XCOM2 I think I finished it at least 6 times, and started countless new campaigns that I never fully completed. By countless I literally mean dozens.

Either Resident Evil 2 or Metal Gear Solid on the PSX back in the day. Numerous times each; no clue how many, but I know more than any others. High single to low double digits.

Next would be Half-Life 2 and Resident Evil Revelations (the first one) on PC. We're talking mid single digits at most.

Any other games are one-and-done (multiplayer aside).

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Dozens of times
Twisted Metal 2: Countless times
Max Payne - A couple of times
Bioshock - A few times
Unreal Tournament - A LOT
Command & Conquer - Numerous times ( gotta love those NOD endings :D)

Dishonored with 3 complete playthroughs (1 no kill, 1 normal, 1 killing everything that moves)
World of Warcraft - 12 to 14 max level characters

I play video games like I read novels - I don't go back and revisit them very often.

Odd games that I've completed more than once:
DooM
Super Mario World
Castlevania: SOTN (2 or 3 times, actually)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Dragon Age Origins (I had a thing for Morrigan so wanted to replay it geared towards wooing her)
Super Mario 64

Free Cell... about 2000+ times @ 98% does it count? :p
Super Mario 3, maybe 50+ times 15 minutes each... used to beat it before school everyday (sounds dirty, lol)
Dr. Mario GBA... 50+ times (highest speed/level 20... although I did beat level 99 once on NES emu using save states)
Tetris... (If the above counts)... probably a bunch of other old school games but can't remember...
Final Fantasy VI... 3 or 4 times
Deus Ex... 3 times
HL1 - 2 times
SS2 - 2 times
yea... not a fan of replaying those longer games

How does one simply finish World of Warcraft?! Explain yourself!
It was a joke. Outside of Dishonored, I can't recall finishing a game more than once. Even games I love.

edited to add: I also finished The Witcher 3 twice.

Last edited:
Oh golly, I think I have 500gb of games saves for Skyrim if that means anything (mostly out of fear for 300 mods causing CTDs)

Last edited:
This is a tough one, all are estimates

Diablo 3 20+ times
Borderlands 2 at least twice with each char so at least a dozen times or almost 600 hours worth.
Psycho fox a dozen orso times on the ms same for sonic
Borderlands the pre-sequel 5-6 times
Rage 5 times
Crysis 2 4 times

And shitloads of mortal kombats if you can count those.

edited to add: I also finished The Witcher 3 twice.

giphy.gif

I don't have numbers but as long as you're not counting something easy like NES Mario and some Atari 2600 games I have a few I've played and replayed multiple times.

Top honors probably go to Mass Effect 1 and 2 with Dragon Age: Origins coming in after them and Mass Effect 3 to round out the list. I know I've also played Jade Empire quite a few times and if you couldn't tell I'm a bit of a Bioware fan. Heh, almost forgot to add KOTOR 1 and 2 to the list.

It has been quite a while since I played them but I'm pretty sure I've played through the original C&C and Red Alert campaigns quite a few times as well as World in Conflict. I've also gone through the campaigns for X-Wing and TIE Fighter (including expansions) more times than I care to remember. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is another campaign game I've probably spent way too much time playing. I've been thinking about trying to find my CD for that game to see if it will install on Win7 and run through it again since it was so much fun and if that doesn't work I may just purchase it through GOG.

I’ve been a gamer since the late 80s, but I don’t usually play a game more than once through. The clear (only?) exceptions would be action RPGs, which are my favorite genre.

In order of least favorite to most favorite.

Diablo 3, Diablo, Diablo2, Titan Quest, Path of Exile.

You needn’t play any of the others - Path of Exile perfected the genre and it’s free to play.

I’ve been a gamer since the late 80s, but I don’t usually play a game more than once through. The clear (only?) exceptions would be action RPGs, which are my favorite genre.

You needn’t play any of the others - Path of Exile perfected the genre and it’s free to play.

I as big of a fan of ARPG's as the next guy, its my favorite genre, but for some reason, I just couldn't get into Path of Exile. Its a good game but the story didn't grip me as much as the other games mentioned.

Have you tried Wolcen?

these days i rather pump hours in multiplayer games

but back in the day I can remember:

first stalker 5x
p&c adventure: broken sword, black mirror, secret files at least 4 times each
cod 1 & 2 campaign also multiple times

Mass Effect 1,2,3 and Andromeda
Witcher 3
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Series
Deus Ex Series
Call of Duty Series
Half Life Series
Dishonored 1 & 2
Duke Nukem 3d

Not sure how many times, but I have multiple play thrus on all of these.

Wolfenstein 3D
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The Suffereing 1 & 2
Manhunt
F.E.A.R. 1 & 2
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Quake II
The Last of Us

All the above I've beaten more than 5 times
HL2 & The Last of Us I've beaten about 10 or so times each

Last edited:
Legend of hero Tonma, Golden Axe, or Alien Storm. It has to be one of them. Literally hundreds upon hundreds. All on arcade and for the last 20 years - MAME.

You see, companies would be hard pressed to sell me nostalgia. Oh, you have a pixels or player one movie? Ah, what's that, you have a mini version of an old console to sell me? But I have all these emulators and they're simply the better product

I as big of a fan of ARPG's as the next guy, its my favorite genre, but for some reason, I just couldn't get into Path of Exile. Its a good game but the story didn't grip me as much as the other games mentioned.

Have you tried Wolcen?
haven't even heard of that one - i'll look it up now.

The ones that stand out.
Resident Evil 2 - PS1 was countless times probably over 10, my buddy and I would see how many times we could beat it in a day.
F.E.A.R 1 PC at least 4 times
Warhammer 40k Space Marine PC 5 times
DMC Devil May Cry 3 times
FF13 X2 PS3
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Skyrim
Darksiders 1
Half life 2 series a few times
Max Payne 2 multiple times
New Tomb Raider a few times

1 game I would love to beat..... Terraria. I'm at like 2+ years and counting, I can happily say I'm at the moon lord! I wish the game had a death counter.

Not many. Probably Master of Orion 2. Most game these days don't warrant the repeat playthrus.

Countless times through Super Metroid, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game, The Ultimate Doom
26 times through Dark Souls (20 NG, 4 NG+, 2 NG++ )
20 times through Resident Evil 4 (at least twice in every version; PS2 version was excruciating...)
18 times through Mass Effect (6 characters * 3 full playthroughs)
15 times through Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (1 fake ending, 11 true ending, 3 Richter ending)

Despite my love for Mass Effect 2, I only ever played through to the end 3 times. And despite my love for the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, I only ever played through to the end of the story once before any of the DLC that altered/extended the ending.

I have around 700 hours into Titan Quest, but never finished the game once through Legendary... Love the game, but I get bored of all of the toons I create very quickly. I think the level progression just starts to get too damn slow past level 40-45.

Wolfenstein 3D
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The Suffereing 1 & 2
Manhunt
F.E.A.R. 1 & 2
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Quake II
The Last of Us

All the above I've beaten more than 5 times
HL2 & The Last of Us 2 I've beaten about 10 or so times each
5 times troough last of us? Damn, I used up* 2 controllers just to finish it once .

*means threw them at the floor in rage and they flew into a thousand tiny pieces.

5 times troough last of us? Damn, I used up* 2 controllers just to finish it once .

*means threw them at the floor in rage and they flew into a thousand tiny pieces.

More than 5. If I can get my PS3 working I could take a picture of all my saves. I know there's at least 8 saves, with one being two playthroughs. So 9 on my PS3
I re-bought it on PS4 and beat it once so far. I'm working through the grounded mode right now, and have wanted to throw the controller down during that. I just arrived at Tommy's and it is difficult on grounded.

I rarely replay through games more than once. Off the top of my head, I can only think of NieR: Automata (for the different endings/full story) and Diablo 2/3 where you end up playing through the acts several times.

I've played System Shock and System Shock 2 every one to two years since they were released. (sometimes alternating) I've played through Ultima VIII Pagan a lot of times. I've probably beat Ocarina of Time about 15 times. Twilight Princess maybe 4, and Windwaker 5-6. Mario 64 probably about 10. Turrican 2 several times.

Those ones stand out in my mind. I replay a lot of games that I've liked over the years. Many of them many times over.

Oh several hundreds of hours in Borderlands 1 & 2.

Edit:

Chrono Trigger - 5 or so times.
Star Control 2 - 5ish times.

Probably 500 hours in UT (99)
Probably 1000+ in Q3A/TA
Probably 500-1000 in Tetris

I've beat many Castlevania games several times. Chi no Rondo, Symphony, etc.

I played through Another World and Flashback several times each.

Probably beat Shadow of the Beast 1 through 3 ten times over, though, to be honest I cheated on these due to the asinine death systems, plus I was a kid. :D Ten Pints

I beat Al Qadim a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
all the Dark Souls games...multiple playthroughs with 1000+ hours with each of the 3 games...best gaming series of all time

Final Fantasy VIII and X. Both 4~ times..
Diablo 2 if you count speed running probably several dozen times. XD
Diablo 3 a few times (stopped playing far faster than D2 comparatively.)
Warcraft 3 TFT - The Founding of Durotar campaign - several times back in the day
Half life 2 twice?
Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2 both probably 3 times each.
The original Crysis probably 4 times.
Pokemon Silver 5 times? And several other Pokemon handheld games a few times over, though these days I find it hard to just complete one of them.
Fear 1 a few times.

Probably several more but those are the ones I remember right now..

Tie Fighter ,

I just got too much of a kick out of being a secret agent for the Emperor in my 486 days.

Half Life 1/2 plus dlcs >5
ME 1/2/3 1 & 2 >5, 3 once
Civ games Many times
Borderlands 1, 2 & pre-seq many times
Saints Row 1,2,3,4 many times (running people over never gets old)
Fallout 3, NV & 4 many times
Fear 1,2, 3 plus the two expansions
Homefront the revolution (so sue me, I like it)
Sins of a solar Empire plus expansions
GalCiv 1,2,3
Red Orchestra 2

Back when I was really young (and only had 3-4 games) I'd blow through the first Legend of Zelda every few weeks. I've probably won it 20 or more times and I got to the point where I could do either the entire first or 2nd quest in an afternoon.
I won scrolling arcade ports like Double Dragon, Bad Dudes, Kung Fu, Strider, Shinobi, and the like countless times. With a little practice you could win a lot of arcade ports in less than 20 minutes.

In more recent years I've completed Half-Life 2 at least 10 times. I still revisit it nearly every year. I've won all of the Uncharted games at least 4 times, with 7 wins on the original.
I've completed Resident Evil 4 on 6 occasions, although the older controls make it no longer playable for me these days. I've won the first Dark Souls 6 times and have completed the other two 3 times each. I completed Diablo 3 at least 4 times. I think I completed the first Mass Effect 4 times. That's pretty much it for newer games. It takes a lot to make me want to play them more than once or maybe twice.

Back