• Watch Dogs

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Sleeping Dogs

Votes: 32 72.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 108676

Thats what she said.

But I'm looking for a GTA type game. Doesn't have to be an exact match though. I've read a lot of reviews on steam and searched quite a bit on here. So, between these two games, which is better.

Is there another game I missed? If so, please tell me about it!

Saints Row? :D (seriously, if you haven't tried them yet, SR3 is one of the most fun games ever made, way better than playing actual GTA, 2 and 4 are great too)

I have Sleeping Dogs, heard lots of good stuff about it being a GTA-type game, so I'm looking forward to getting to that part of it, but the melee combat system isn't much fun for me, and you spend the first several minutes of the game learning the fighting system. I've tried to start the game twice now, and still haven't gotten past the intro.

Watch Dogs seems pretty awesome as well - definitely a beast to run at max settings. I'm waiting for the price to come down a little before buying into that one.

If you dont have Saints Row I would look into either 3 or 4 as well.

After playing the 3rd first, Saints Row 2 is garbage. I should have played 2 first, then gone on to the third. SR3 is a hell of a lot of fun.

That being said, I'd say play Sleeping Dogs first, only because it can be had cheaper. I had a lot of fun with it, but I haven't tried Watch Dogs, so I can't comment on how fun it is.

Both are really good, although I haven't spent a ton of time with Watch Dogs.
What makes Sleeping Dogs nice is that the combat, driving, and interaction with the world are like a truly next-gen GTA. Even moreso than GTA5, although lacking a little of the personality only Rockstar can add. Plus, the gameplay is terrific. Gunplay is probably the weak point and it's still better than in GTA4.
I had a great time with the game and it's probably pretty cheap these days.

I really liked Sleeping Dogs, it has that quality where its hard to stop playing.
I havent got that with Watch Dogs, I'm finding other games to play instead.
Perhaps one day...

Sweet, thanks, I'll give Sleeping Dogs a try.

Sleeping Dogs story and theme are great.

If you want over-the-top craziness you must play Saints Row 3 at some point.

Without a doubt Sleeping Dogs

Driving is better.. Weapon handling is better.. The fight system is fantastic (very Arkham series like). Side missions are very good. Collectable hunting is fun, and the story is really really good.. Not once did I skip a dialog or cut scene..

Thats what she said.

But I'm looking for a GTA type game. Doesn't have to be an exact match though. I've read a lot of reviews on steam and searched quite a bit on here. So, between these two games, which is better.

Is there another game I missed? If so, please tell me about it!

I liked Watch Dogs, I thought it was a great game. Get Sleeping Dogs and get it with the DLCs. Sleeping Dogs is just badass I absolutely loved every seconds of it. It performed pretty good on my HTPC (2500K, GTX 660, 8GB RAM). I personally liked the game better at 30fps over 60fps, there is a frame limiter built-in the game.

Just to put in perspective, I played Sleeping Dogs the first time wanting to get out of the tutorial and just save and come back to it a few days later. Well after I got past the tutorial and didn't stop. I was playing the game everyday for the next two weeks.

I liked Sleeping Dogs. I liked the story, the emphasis on fighting was a nice change, I liked the world (even if there was not much to do aside from race/buy things). I have not played Watch Dogs though.

I would get Sleeping Dogs since it is cheap, and then when you get some time buy Watch Dogs which will likely be on sale by then.

At this point, definitely Sleeping Dogs. Far cheaper, runs much better, way better combat and story.

I don't care how rich you are, makes sense to start with the better running, cheaper title.

Only GTA-type game... is GTA :D

Have you played GTA 5 yet? You should.

I really do enjoy Watch_Dogs but my vote goes for Sleeping Dogs.

I recommend Saints Row 3 & 4 as well. :)

Only GTA-type game... is GTA :D

Have you played GTA 5 yet? You should.

I've played GTA 4 on PC and it was an awesome game, except that the last mission is glitched and nothing I found online would fix it. I can't wait for 5 to come out and refuse to play it on a console. The only games I play on console are sports games and driving simulations with a wheel/pedals.

I've played GTA 4 on PC and it was an awesome game, except that the last mission is glitched and nothing I found online would fix it.

Agreed - I had a great time with San Andreas years ago. GTA4 was ok, but had lots of really annoying parts: all the friend tasks were a huge drag, and I still never actually finished the game because of that insane last mission (at least I assume it was the last mission).

The biggest thing I would have like to see in GTA4 was a better save system. Adding quick-save to the game would have made it 1000x better. Or just adding a lot more check-points in missions would have helped a bunch. That last mission requires like 10 minutes of game-play with only about 3-4 checkpoints in the whole thing. Re-doing it over and over was more frustration than I could put up with.

I'm looking forward to trying GTA5 when it comes to PC, but I'll be waiting 'till it's ultra-cheap if it turns out to have a save system as bad as 4.

Agreed - I had a great time with San Andreas years ago. GTA4 was ok, but had lots of really annoying parts: all the friend tasks were a huge drag, and I still never actually finished the game because of that insane last mission (at least I assume it was the last mission).

The biggest thing I would have like to see in GTA4 was a better save system. Adding quick-save to the game would have made it 1000x better. Or just adding a lot more check-points in missions would have helped a bunch. That last mission requires like 10 minutes of game-play with only about 3-4 checkpoints in the whole thing. Re-doing it over and over was more frustration than I could put up with.

I'm looking forward to trying GTA5 when it comes to PC, but I'll be waiting 'till it's ultra-cheap if it turns out to have a save system as bad as 4.

The save system was kind of stupid, and the friends were annoying as fuck, but in the end I don't think it really mattered at all.

I've played Saints Row 4 and Sleeping Dogs as an alternative to GTA. I wouldn't bother with either of them honestly, I found them dull and clunky to play.

Back