Which game company has delivered the most/best entertainment to you over the years?

1) DICE

2) Creative Assembly

3) Valves original modding teams that created CS, CS:S and DOD.

4) Westwood Studios / EALA for the C&C franchise (excluding C&C3)

5) Infinity Ward for MOH:AA and COD.

Valve (Half-Life Series, CS, Team Fortress 1 & 2, L4D, Portal)

Square (Final Fantasy series)

HL series
Left 4 Dead series
Portal

Yeah, but that's sort of my point - both L4D and Portal were taken from games already designed by someone else and tarted up a bit in Valve's engine. L4D was developed by Turtle Rock too, until Valve bought them up at the end and were able to claim that it was technically developed by a studio of theirs. It seems the only game they can actually claim they developed from start to finish is the HL series; everything else is largely designed by other people when they adapt it and release it with more polish.

Less so with Portal, I suppose. The concept of that was established, but the storyline and gameplay Valve dictated.

I'm pretty sure my favorite game companies will always be Looking Glass Studios and Cavedog. :(

Valve (HL, CS, HL2, Left 4 Dead, CS:S, TF2) followed by Blizzard (Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 2: LOD, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, WoW).

Valve, Bioware and Blizzard.

Have played more Bioware longer than the other 2 not counting when I was an active WoW player.

Far and away number one for best and most is Capcom. Street Fighter and it's "descendants" have burned so much of my time and money over the years, until I pondered this question, I never really thought about it. Then, there's the Mega Mans, Duck Tales (these games were awesome), Bionic Commando, etc, etc, etc. In the last ten years, I have played more Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 than anything, PERIOD. I have thousands of hours on it, doubt any game will live on like that and still be such fun.

Blizzard, Valve thats about it. I use to lay a bunch of the sierra games but I havn't in years.

Maxis and Blizzard probably. I spent so many hours playing SimCity2K and WC2 and SC its not even funny.

Blizzard by far. So many hours in Diablo series, Starcraft, Warcraft (RTS) series, and World of Warcraft.

For consoles, I think a few years ago when I counted up all my games from SNES through PS2 era, 90% of my games were from Nintendo, Square, or Capcom. (out of that last 10%, most are Namco).
I pretty much only use consoles for playing games from Japan.

Bethesda and Nintendo take top honors. I would have to think about the others for awhile.

I have to voice the same opinion of some others in this thread—Valve shouldn't be put on the list if it's for Counter-Strike and some other mod-derived IPs. I suppose it could be argued that Valve provided the basis on which they were created, but you may make a similar argument with respect to engine licensing.

blizzard, valve, dice, nintendo, sony if we're counting consoles (snes/ps1 games). I want to say sierra for Tribes 1 and 2.

Any here that will say Blizzard gives #1, but don't play WoW?

Ofcourse, which is one reason among many why WoW is #1. Blizzard's previous games were flawless, so it's not like it was any surprise. I still have every Blizzard game installed from Diablo 1 on up, and still play them.

Back