Which FREE Xbox Live Arcade game do you choose?

Skirrow

[H]ard|Gawd
Because of the recent live issues MS have decided that anyone with a Live account, silver or gold, will get a free game from the XBLA selection. I'm being optimistic thinking they will be letting us choose from ANY xbla game coz we'll probably get to choose from a list of 5 crappy ones since details are a little sketchy at the moment.

linky: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/live/serviceissue.htm

Now i havent bought any games yet from live because i was waiting for Rez and Ikaruga to show up. But now i may have a choice of one free I'm torn between Geometry Wars, Every Extend Extra Extreme, and Pinball FX.

Grrrrrrrrrr the agony of choice :D

Anyway.

Which would you choose as your free game given the entire XBLA library as a choice?

One of the new ones coming out... because I own everything from the current catalogue that I think is good.

I would probably do Rez or Metal Slug 3.

If you do not have Geometry Wars yet you need to pick it up. It is one of the best games on XBLA. Second best is Pac Man Championship Edition. If you have ever like PM you will love this true sequel to the game.

Not going to happen. They're either going to pick one, or give you a limited number of choices.

hmm, id love to try-out Rez, never got around to getting that for my dreamcast

which brings me to the following point:

I WANT MY FRICKING IKARUGA ALREADY!!!! PORT IT TO XBLA YOU LAZY BASTARDS AT TREASURE!!!!!!!

Omega 5 is coming out this week. Either that, or Puzzle Quest, which would be a $15 free game.

But I doubt we'll get to pick from any game we want. Probably 800 pt and less games.

800 points or less? Any game you want?

Dream on. It'll be 400 points, and MS will tell you what game it is... that's how they've always done it.

I'd be shocked if it was more than 400 points AND they let you have a choice.

As it stands, I'm not buying shit from the Marketplace because I don't want to buy a game only for MS to make that the free one.

They should just give everyone 800 points and let people do as they please.

Yea, that would be the way to go.

I hate when they give away Arcade games, and it's one I've already got, and that's pretty much it, no other options.

I'm kinda hoping it's Zuma since I dont' own it and would like to.

I hope they either give us points 400/800 or they release a new game free so no one can complain that they already bought it.(like they did with Aegis Wing)

im pretty sure they will be making one like the other one they did and give that out free.

As long as it's not one of the arcade games I already have, I don't really care. Then again I don't care to much about the whole thing anyway, since I wasn't effected by the Live outages. Though I'm not going to complaign about getting a free arcade game because of it :)

If it was an 800-point game...Every Extend Extra Extreme. Without a doubt. Failing that, either Zuma or Lumines or Rez. But yeah...they'll probably give us all Uno.

if they do this, ill plunk down an extra 400 of my own and get an xbox classic. Ive been interested in trying those out, but the only games in the current classics line-up i care about are fable and burnout, both of which i already own. But for only 400 points of my own, id be willing to rebuy fable to see how well these classics work.

If they just allow a free xbla game, regardless of cost, im not sure what i'd get, rez and ikaruga arent out yet, so the only game i really care about is geometry wars, which i already have, asteroids was OK, but a bit basic imho

Back