which email client... thunderbird? pocomail?

ChingChang

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been using webmail forever and I figure one of these clients would be a lot easier for me. I'm leaning towards thunderbird, mostly because I'd have to pay for pocomail, but if there is a huge advantage to using pocomail over thunderbird, or if thunderbird has certain flaws I'd pay for pocomail.

I've read a few posts by mosin and some others, and I guess pocomail is more secure. But I've never had any email viruses, I use NOD32 and ProcessGuard now so I'm hoping I'd be safe enough :)

I use Thunderbird here without issue...never heard of PocoMail before though... :confused:

Ax

Thunderbird for me to. Like firefox, it taxes your system more then others though. If your system is half decent you have nothing to worry about.

I used to like Thunderbird untill I found out that it doesn't delete old emails untill you hit "compact folder".

Had a really nasty issue with a client and thunderbird. Their inbox file was about 1gb and it took about 3 minutes for the emails to come up, yet she only had around 200 emails in the inbox. Turns out it wasn't fully deleting them after sending them to the trash and deleting it from there. After I hit compact it deleted them. They still have not fixed this bug.

I do like the portability of thunderbird though.

Pocomail, the Barca suite in it reminds me of Outlook but it looks alot better and has many more options. So far no issues with it but I have not been using it for that long.

IceDigger said:
I used to like Thunderbird untill I found out that it doesn't delete old emails untill you hit "compact folder".

Had a really nasty issue with a client and thunderbird. Their inbox file was about 1gb and it took about 3 minutes for the emails to come up, yet she only had around 200 emails in the inbox. Turns out it wasn't fully deleting them after sending them to the trash and deleting it from there. After I hit compact it deleted them. They still have not fixed this bug.

I do like the portability of thunderbird though.

Pocomail, the Barca suite in it reminds me of Outlook but it looks alot better and has many more options. So far no issues with it but I have not been using it for that long.

Good info thanks for that.

I've used Outlook for years :shrug: never had a a problem :knockonwood:

Currently using Outlook 2003

PocoMail will give you a free thirty day trial. It does so much that you will still be finding things even at the end of the trial. Another great thing about the program is that it is very small when compared to most mail clients. You can give it a whirl, and see what you think before you plop down the bucks for it. I would also suggest that you read everything at the website. It is that flexible, yet it can also be as simple as you want it to be.

I have used it since the beginning which was maybe in 1998-1999? Anyway, it is a keeper.

Back