which core 2 duo mobo has good onboard sound?

azure

Limp Gawd
I have an audigy 2, but don't want to use it on my core2 6600 build. I have been scanning the posts and want to know if any have a good onboard sound.... I play a lot of games and will be using my z-5500 in sig.

For games, (EAX), there is no other alternative to a creative product.

azure said:
I have an audigy 2, but don't want to use it on my core2 6600 build. I have been scanning the posts and want to know if any have a good onboard sound.... I play a lot of games and will be using my z-5500 in sig.

Audigy 2 is better than any built-in sound, including the Audigy SE some on some MSI boards.

Envy 24 on the SN25P's with new drivers and bass is pretty damn good for onboard! High sample rate.

the DS3 has pretty awesome onboard sound...it uses an ALC883 codec which is a huge improvement over previous ones, it is also Azalia compliant.

any of the modern HD audio codecs (realtek's ALC88x being the most common, it seems) are quite impressive with good feature sets and nice sound quality.

But if you've already got an audigy 2 then why not just use that? It's got something that the HD chips don't: a hardware DSP.

Also on a side note I agree that the Via Envy24 are damn neat chips...I had an old 754 mobo (Albatron K8X800 Pro II) that had that and it was the coolest onboard audio ever...I used it over my audigy at the time.

Back