which case i should get? CM Stacker or Antec 180?

Depends on what you want.

Silence -> P180
Looks -> P180
Price -> P180 (though I don't think you'd be worried about that...)
Want to watercool -> Stacker
Going SLi -> Stacker (I don't know I'd trust the P180 to cool 2 7800GTXs)

i perfer the look of the stacker over the atenc, but /shrug really up to you :p

wire mesh i think i wub j00!! ;)

soulsaver_8229

stacker. mainly because it has so much potential for modding.

disadvtage is the HUGE size and weight

Weight is exactly the same as the P180, so it doesn't really weigh in on this issue. ;)

And their size is almost identical as well.

soulsaver_8229 said:
i perfer the look of the stacker over the atenc, but /shrug really up to you :p

wire mesh i think i wub j00!! ;)

soulsaver_8229

Get 2 stackers, and mod them into a single extremely tall stacker!

p180 looks like a minifridge, stacker is alright, but i dont like the huge side vent. looks like a floor fan.

anyways, its all personal opinion in looks.

i think the Cm stacker is the better choice ..if you get a 6800 Ultra or 7800 GTX.. or some other extremly long card..

i saw a Antec P180 that the 6800 Ultra and hard drive plugs were getting very close.. and since 7800 GTX is longer ..good luck lol

i was looking at both these cases myself.. and since i want SLi and maybe water cooling in it i am getting the Cm Stacker

theres a new Cm stacker coming out in august

its got 3x 120mm fans in front, 1x 80mm on top, 1x 80mm on side , 2x 120 mm fans on back..thats insane amount of cooling for a stock case

Here is mine.

im0032068ms.jpg

im0032079kv.jpg

im0032088yl.jpg

im0032094rj.jpg

im0032108hw.jpg

im0032112lf.jpg

And then I get around to organizing the cables.

im0032377qf.jpg

im0032380ag.jpg

im0032392as.jpg

im0032402pu.jpg

im0032429cz.jpg

im0032416hx.jpg

CMStacker > Antec 180 imo

ya, i'm thinking of going antec 180, but it looks like 7800GTX doest fit if you have hdd installed :D

Betauser said:
ya, i'm thinking of going antec 180, but it looks like 7800GTX doest fit if you have hdd installed :D

you can fit 4 hard drives in the lower section, do you have more than that you need to cram in there?

JSquid said:
you can fit 4 hard drives in the lower section, do you have more than that you need to cram in there?

hmm, i only have 2 hdd including the 74gig.

stacker :D with dual PSu's! and mob in BTX :D

here was mine (sold it)

IMG_7456.JPG

Look @ all that room!!

IMG_7463.JPG

IMG_7469.JPG

The stacker comes with the plug to join the 2 PSU's together so they turn on and off with 1 switch :)

i end up selling it because i decided i spent too much time playing games - the total rig once done cost me about $2700 (paid alot on customs) and i was able to sell it for $2300, so got a nice return, but with that money i got a smaller 6800GT / XP system coming, but i plan to sell that aswell.

the system above was

Abit AI7
pressy 3.2 - could boot to 4ghz but ram needed more juice so ran it @ 3.7
x800 XT / silencer
74g raptor
1g OCZ gold pc4500
160g WD
120g WD
NEC cd burner
polar flo block
enheim 1050
cant reccall tubing but was great stuff!

i know i will do another project soon,but go hardcore - got to save some money to buy a House now :D

get a stacker like those guys say so only if you do all the crazy mod crap that they do too

P180 is sexy and quieter

Dudeyourlame said:
theres a new Cm stacker coming out in august
...with only one PSU bay and two fewer front bays. I'm not sure it really counts as a Stacker any more.

that is ths stacker 810 - it is not so much a "new" stacker but a v2 so to say, the NEW stacker - is supposed to be the 830 which is official labeled the stacker 2

Okay well since I owned both cases I can say they are both good for their own reasons.

For someone who wants water cooling. I think the stacker is a better option. If you want to use a server motherboard, then obviously you would need the stacker because it wouldn't fit into the P180. And the stacker also looks more flashy than the P180 when modded, so for someone who is into the whole show off theme, with lights, uv cables, and all that stuff, you might like the stacker better since it has the option for a window.

The P180 is a better case for someone who prefers silence and still wants to have good cooling performance. I know that the 6800 and 7800GTX both fit into this case. So those aren't really an issue, unless you don't like the fact that its a tight fit. But the fact is, tight or not, they both still fit into the case. If the 7800GTX is too tight of a fit, then you can remove the upper hard drive cage and install all your hard drives into the bottom, which allows for up to 4 HDD's.

Now here's my opinion on why I like the P180 better. First of all the case just looks better to me. The quality of the case and the way it was designed is excellent. When I recieved the case I can already tell right away it was designed much better than the CM Stacker that I had previoused owned. The attention to detail on the P180 is much greater, and seems like Antec put more work and thought into designing it than the Stacker.
The P180 is much easier to hide cables and is a better choice for alot of people with power supplies that have short cables, because in the stacker since its so huge, you might need alot of extensions to get all your cables looking neat. I like my cables to be neat, not like the guys stacker above. That is a hot mess and just obstructs airflow. The best part of the P180 to me is how much more quiet it is running than my stacker. My stacker was much louder in comparison, and now that my PC is basically silent, and in audible, I don't think I can go back to having a loud PC ever again.

PS. To the guy who said that both cases are about the same size. You are definately wrong. The stacker is longer, taller, and wider than the P180. The weight of the stacker is about the same give or take 2lbs or so, but yea its definately bigger though.

Here are some pictures of both of my cases, maybe these will help you decide along with my opinions.

CM Stacker
stacker%20010.jpg

stacker%20031.jpg

stacker%20046.jpg

stacker%20061.jpg

stacker053.jpg

Antec P180
P180%20002.jpg

P180%20003.jpg

P180%20017.jpg

P180%20018.jpg

P180%20027.jpg