Which card for my monitor?

Cook_1

[H]ard|Gawd
Monitor: Dell U3415W (QHD 3440 x 1440 at 60 Hz)
Main Game: FFXIV

Looking to max out all the high end details, using an eGPU enclosure. Would a 1060 do that or should I be looking at a 1070? Or would a 980/Ti be able to handle the job as well?

Other games I play are WoW, Civ V, Sims 4, Overwatch. My current 970m plays everything just fine, I just want some higher settings in FF.

So this is just my experience, it might help.

I have that monitors big brother, the Alienware version with Gsync, variable refresh rate, etc. Before I bought it, I had an LG that was 2560X1080 vari refresh and was able to push almost every game to their max settings with my 980ti. The LG died a month before the warranty expired and they gave me a full refund so I bought the Alienware mostly for the warranty.

My point,lol.
Once it was up and running, at that high of a resolution, I found myself having to turn settings down. I am not a fps fanatic as anything above 35-40fps works for me, but I am a shiny pretty graphics fanatic (that's why I game mostly on the PC). I ended up hunting around a picked up 1080ti at a decent price and can once again run everything maxed.

I have never played FF so I cant speak to what gains you might see. When I was shopping and reading, the one thing I kept seeing was the 980ti falls right below the 1070/ti and above the 1060.

Get a Highclocked 1070ti I'm not sure if you could Max out the settings though.

Get a 1080Ti or you'll wish you had and don't think adding a 2nd GPU later will help SLI never has lived up to it's promise which is why we see it less and less supported in most games.

Back