Which card can handle 2x Dell 3007WFP?

Dan_D said:
The 7950GX2 will provide the most powerful platform to do what you want right now.
iirc, the 7950gx2 acts like sli. so no dual monitors for you.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1029457382#post1029457382

Last edited:
I don't know if anybody mentioned it, but you can't run SLI with dual monitors. Unless that changed recently? That's the only reason why I have 1 30" :(

He doesn't have anymore money for a new desk. I think a 30 inch screen with 2 20s on the side would be nice.

boomheadshot45 said:
Well he already has a 37w33, and the Dell 3007 is 7" smaller, and yeah thx for the correction,
If you didn't know already, there are other important specs than size alone. The resolution on the Westinghouse is 1920x1080, while the resolution on the Dell is 2560x1600, which is almost TWICE the amount of pixels.

Also, you can't run 2 monitors in SLI mode, but you can run them in non-SLI mode fine, then switch on SLI when you are gaming. I would probably wait for the new cards, because you need quite a lot of power to run at the native resolution.

dotCapone said:
If you didn't know already, there are other important specs than size alone. The resolution on the Westinghouse is 1920x1080, while the resolution on the Dell is 2560x1600, which is almost 33% more pixels.

fixed.

Naa, it's just mega-mega-mega overkill.

But that would be nice to do stock trades on the first 2 screens, watch a movie on the 3rd, game on the 4th, and have Trillian, Winamp, etc in the last one XD

or...even better...have 5 people game on it at once for a 5v5...you wouldn't need microphones anymore XD

RexPokinghorn said:
I don't know if anybody mentioned it, but you can't run SLI with dual monitors. Unless that changed recently? That's the only reason why I have 1 30" :(

You can run SLI with multi monitors, you just need the right cards and the right SLI configuration. SLI Frame Rendering mode only drives on monitor. SLI multi view allows you to run SLI with multiple monitors "to span a single hardware-accelerated OpenGL application window across multiple displays, run a single application per GPU with multiple display outputs, or enable other flexible usage of two PCI Express graphics cards."

nigerian_businessman said:
Actually, no.

1920 x 1080 = 2,073,600 pixels

2560 x 1600 = 4,096,000 pixels

4,096,000 / 2,073,600 = 1.975 times the number of pixels, or almost exactly double.

ND40oz said:
You can run SLI with multi monitors, you just need the right cards and the right SLI configuration. SLI Frame Rendering mode only drives on monitor. SLI multi view allows you to run SLI with multiple monitors "to span a single hardware-accelerated OpenGL application window across multiple displays, run a single application per GPU with multiple display outputs, or enable other flexible usage of two PCI Express graphics cards."

Notice this is on QUADRO based graphics cards for professional apps. Those if I remember correctly aren't exactly great for gaming applications. ;)

"SLI Multi View: Combines the power of two NVIDIA Quadro PCI Express graphics cards to span a single hardware-accelerated OpenGL application window across multiple displays, run a single application per GPU with multiple display outputs, or enable other flexible usage of two PCI Express graphics cards.

Benefits

View professional applications over multiple displays to increase visual real estate. (Fully accelerated on Linux)

SLI Multi View Using 2 Fully Accelerated Outputs:

SLI Multi View Using 4 Outputs:

Images courtesy of Landmark, a brand of the Haliburton Digital and Consulting Solutions Division

Requirements:

Two identical NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500, 4500, 3500, 3450, 3400, 1500, 1400, 560, 550 or 540 graphics cards "

AOM said:
Notice this is on QUADRO based graphics cards for professional apps. Those if I remember correctly aren't exactly great for gaming applications. ;)

Yeah, I know it's quadros, that's why I said with the right video cards...oh and for the record, my SLI'd 4500s do just dandy when gaming :D

i'm sorry, but if the 3007's have the same refresh as the 2005fpw's, I wouldn't buy it...

i'm already getting sick of the ghosting on this end....

ND40oz said:
Quadro isn't a gaming card though and something comparable to the 7950GX2 is thousands of dollars.

RexPokinghorn said:
Quadro isn't a gaming card though and something comparable to the 7950GX2 is thousands of dollars.

Who cares how much it is? They were asking if it can be done and it can, some people do have such hardware and they use it for it's intended purpose. Just like someone going out and buying 2 3007s and asking what video card they should get to drive them. There are a lot of different solutions and we're covering all the bases. And quadros game fine.

arthur_tuxedo said:
Actually, no.

1920 x 1080 = 2,073,600 pixels

2560 x 1600 = 4,096,000 pixels

4,096,000 / 2,073,600 = 1.975 times the number of pixels, or almost exactly double.
Thank you, I thought I would have to post that.

Back