Which BSD Driver to use with my Areca Arc-1264il-12 RAID card?

Which BSD Driver should I use with my Areca ARC-1264il-12 RAID card because there is the Free BSD driver and Open BSD driver, but I want to use TrueOS BSD for my server? Can any one help me figure this out.

If you can't get get the areca raid card working in linux switching to freebsd/trueos is not going to make your life easier.

If you can't get get the areca raid card working in linux switching to freebsd/trueos is not going to make your life easier.

I can get it working in Linux. I just didn't read the readme that was included with the driver download first. Faulty Ubuntu Server Media is hardly my fault either.

I've decided not to use TrueOS because PC-BSD website is down anyway and BSD UNIX is not a commercial Operating System. Therefore, TrueOS probably can't be used for commercial or business use anyway. I tried minix, but it said unable to read media and I know my computer didn't mess up burning the disc either, so I don't know why it said that and it pretty much said the same when I tried to put it on USB Flash.

There are plenty of businesses using bsd, but you are not running a business so why does that even mater?

Back