Which Brand of 6800GT has Dual DVI???

Been checking, not BFG, PNY, eVGA....so what 6800GT cards actually have Dual DVI support.

Thanks for the info.

Albatron *might* be releasing a dual dvi 6800GT, but thats the only one I've heard of.

edit: scratch that, its dvi/vga

Real men unsolder the VGA port and put in their own DVI connectors. They also solder on a second molex connector. The PCB has spaces for both.

Seriously, all 6800GTs are identical reference designs so far. I've also heard rumors of tweaked 6800GT designs, but have no idea if any will actually be released.

Yeah, it's weird, the eVGA 6800GT on Newegg's site lists the eVGA 6800GT as having Dual DVI, yet the PIC shows just one DVI and one VGA.

However, on eVGA's website, they show the GT as having ONE DVI and one VGA, and the ULTRA has Dual DVI.

You are looking at this the wrong way. Needing dual-DVI is a great excuse to pony up the extra $100 and get an Ultra.

:D

yap ... only choice is the Ultra ... unles they change that when the PCI-Es comes out ...

Sorry to bump a dead thread, but www.allstarshop.com has the albatron 6800GT in stock. This card has the dual DVI you were looking for, $440 shipped.

Edit: dammit, if you look at the pictures it's DVI/VGA. Same goes on the albatron website. *sigh* and I was excited too.

JHogan_13 said:
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but www.allstarshop.com has the albatron 6800GT in stock. This card has the dual DVI you were looking for, $440 shipped.

Edit: dammit, if you look at the pictures it's DVI/VGA. Same goes on the albatron website. *sigh* and I was excited too.

The product descriptions are still not consistent accross the board ... I am waiting this out ... I definetely want a dual DVI, no sense in making a major investment if I can't get what I want ...

It seems that all the Ultra cards have Dual DVI, but the GT's are mixed DVI and VGA.

Hopefully someone will make a Dual DVI 6800GT.

i found these

MSI NX6800GT-T2D256 in all specs...shows up as dual dvi

http://www.geizhals.at/a104458.html
http://www.1ashop.at/servlet/webshopServlet?cmd=showDetail&id=IMH210086

but look like ultra to me.. I hope it does have dual dvi

I dunno if this will be avail in the US

--- update ! I checked Msi site...and found this
8966NX6800GT-TD256P.jpg

no dual dvi....screw this.. now i am pissed !!! :mad:

Any new info on this?

It seems if I want dual-dvi and can't afford $500 for the Ultras, then I am stuck with the XFX vanilla 6800. And apparently that one doesn't even overclock well. I'm also concerned that the XFX will be even less future proof with games like HL2 and onwards than the GT, because of the pipelines and ram.

God damn, why would the GT be left out on the dual-dvi band wagon? It seems a little more than pure coincidence?

Back