Which Brand GTX? MSI vs Evga

JD03Cobra

Limp Gawd
$480 = MSI overclocked at 610mhz

$489 = Evga Stock Clocked at 576mhz

Does it matter which brand? I don't care about the step up program at Evga...never used it before. What would be your preference?

I havent had a single problem with my msi gtx, im sure ill get flamed because oh noes msi is teh suck :rolleyes:

$480 = MSI overclocked at 610mhz

$489 = Evga Stock Clocked at 576mhz

Does it matter which brand? I don't care about the step up program at Evga...never used it before. What would be your preference?

There's an I Hate MSI thread you may want to read in Video Cards. Probably some other eVGA customer service threads around to compare.

Evga. That OC is nothing, you can easily hit it and pass it in 3 seconds using Rivatuner/AtiTool/whatever you want.

Evga has lifetime warranty, and step-up which will be nice to have since new cards will be coming out within 90 days, so you can have a card now, and then step-up if wanted.

Neither, MSI has some poor service and I am having extreme issues with eVGA’s support to the point I will never buy another eVGA product again. I would only go BFG or XFX at this point.

Your experience with evga differs from just about everyone else's. Id go with the evga.

BFG OC2 or XFX's XXX edition.

Partial to both. If you had to I like MSI, but EVGA has lifetime so EVGA it.

Between those 2 I say evga.

But like others, I have had good luck with XFX and BFG.

I've never had a problem with MSI stuff, and my MSI GTX seems fine. Runs a little warm but thats all.

However, for $8 i would go eVGA.

I have never had an Msi card but I have had a couple of serious issues with their customer service and that is enough for me.I own an evga 8800 gtx I bought used on this forum and I love it.Plus,it has a lifetime warranty.

If in the USA and buying an nvidia card it's silly to buy anything other then evga.

Xfx fir double lifetime warranty (if you plan to sell) or Evga. Hard problems with Bfg rma with a 6800gt agp card.

You failed to read the thread. Check all the post. :rolleyes:

And yet you put up another post that has nothing to do w/the OP...:eek:

JDO3Cobra most people like EVGA out of the two...so you should be good to go now..Let us know what you choose but im sure you'll be happy w/either..:D

Thanks guys for the feedback! I ordered up the Evga like most have recommended. With Crysis on my 30" Dell I need a little more beef over my GTS.

Back