Which BIOS is on currently shipping GA-965P-DQ6?

JethroXP

[H]ard|Gawd
My GA-965P-DQ6 should arrive today, and my QX6700 should arrive early next week, but I just realized that Quad Core support on the GA-965P-DQ6 wasn't added until BIOS F6 which was only released on October 12th, 2006. Anyone know if this BIOS revision is on currently shipping DQ6 boards?

Here's my response to your other thread in case you don't check that one :p.

Personally, I don't think you'll have the right [F6] bios (not to try and scare you off or anything). I bought brand new boards at newegg that had bioses that were 6 months older than the current ones available. They were even popular ones that should have had a relatively short shelf life in their stock. Even with a CPU that is unrecognized, it might work at the wrong speeds or without the right number of cores registering in bios long enough to flash the bios to one that works.

If not, you might be stuck getting a cheapo LGA775 chip to flash with or borrowing one from a friend or taking your computer to a local shop and borrowing a CPU and having them flash it for you.

Yeah, that might be the case. Since it's that new, the original bios probably supports quad core right away. I didn't know they were even making a new DQ6. I knew they were making a new DS3 on the DQ6 PCB.

Back