Which AsRock B660m Steel Legend drivers?

Operaghost

[H]ard|Gawd
I've never owned an AsRock product before, but I have a B660M Steel Legend arriving today for a new rig I'm building (first one in over a decade, /gasp).

So I figured I'd download all the drivers I'm going to be installing, but I find their descriptions on the download/support page to be quite non-descriptive/confusing.
Was hoping someone could help me out by suggesting WHICH drivers off this list I should install after I have Win 11 installed/updated.

Here is the AsRock list of drivers: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B660M Steel Legend/index.asp#Download

And here is my other hardware for reference: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/NorseKnight/saved/VprLcf

Thank you in advance for any feedback. I'm a bit out of the [H]ardware loop/tech.

Think I answered my own question after a bit of research. Seems like the only drivers I actually need off this list are the Realtek audio and the two LAN drivers.

Upon further review, I don't think I'll be installing any of these drivers manually. I'm just gonna let Win11 do its thing....

youll still have to install the chipset driver and probably ime and possibly a serial i/o driver from intel not asrock.... the two z690 system i just loaded 11 onto was still missing 6-8 things after installing all updates/optionals.

Nice computer, I like the choice of parts, congratulations㊗️
I'm not familiar with the new intels, but be sure to install the intel chipset drivers, there is probably also a program for intel nvme ssd, so be sure to install that as well.
Probably the monitor also has its own drivers and be sure to install them after you install the amd drivers for the gpu.
That's what comes to mind for now.

youll still have to install the chipset driver and probably ime and possibly a serial i/o driver from intel not asrock.... the two z690 system i just loaded 11 onto was still missing 6-8 things after installing all updates/optionals.

I'm not familiar with the new intels, but be sure to install the intel chipset drivers, there is probably also a program for intel nvme ssd, so be sure to install that as well.
Probably the monitor also has its own drivers and be sure to install them after you install the amd drivers for the gpu.

Thanks for the replies folks, I'll be on the lookout for those.

Intel doesn't have any drivers on thier site for the B660 that I can find.

and possibly, you'll see what you're missing when you start everything
Yeah, I literally only updated the GPU driver. However, device manager is showing both secondary PCI Slots as not working. Which is surprising...

Yeah, I literally only updated the GPU driver. However, device manager is showing both secondary PCI Slots as not working. Which is surprising...
Maybe some setting in the bios, flash the latest mbo bios.
First gpu drivers and then windows update as long as it is available.
Then, after that, see what needs to be done and what else is missing, ssd drivers,realtek,lan etc...you can download it from the asrock site

grab the hardware id and see what it is. it might be part of the ime i mentioned.

Back