Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Samsung Galaxy S4

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Samsung Note 2

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

FerraraZ

Gawd
I've been out of the Android scene for a little bit but I absolutely loved every Android phone I've owned. I wanted to ask Reddit, what phone should I purchase with a family AT&T upgrade?

I would consider myself a power user in that I loved rooted and roming my previous phones but I feel each of the phones above have their own merits. What does Reddit suggest I purchase? There is only one midrange phone and that is the Moto X but what attracts me most to that is the battery life. I've purchased battery cases and extended batteries for each phone I've owned and I just cannot stand that after a 6 hour work day I am reaching for the nearest charge.

Note 3 will be out in less than a month.

out of those though, I'd probably pick the S4, even though I don't like touchwiz.

I like how they made use of the full device, like the buttons on the bottom, then the screen, then speaker, almost no useless room like on my galaxy nexus, or motorla x, etc.

and from what ive seen the motorola x doesn't have that great of battery life. if you want that I heard note 2 is pretty good, or the droid maxx, but you're on at&t. also this is [h] not reddit, :p

If by "less than a month", you mean the device will be paper announced and then not available retail until the end of October...then, yes I suppose.

Having a Note2 it is a great device apart from Touchwiz, and the repeated delays of Samsung getting delays out for it...Yes, the Note2 is still on 4.1, and rumors are it will continue to be until December. Having seen and played with one of my relatives s4, it is nice, but I like my Note2 better. To pick between the two, decide on preferred device size and whether or not you'll want to take notes with the SPen.

out of those though, I'd probably pick the S4, even though I don't like touchwiz.

I like how they made use of the full device, like the buttons on the bottom, then the screen, then speaker, almost no useless room like on my galaxy nexus, or motorla x, etc.

and from what ive seen the motorola x doesn't have that great of battery life. if you want that I heard note 2 is pretty good, or the droid maxx, but you're on at&t. also this is [h] not reddit, :p

According to AndroidCentral's review, Moto X and the battery achieves 10-14 on Wi-Fi with heavy usage. I would say that is high end in terms of battery life. I don't know if I could deal with an S4 and zerolemon case that feels like I'm carrying a brick.

well, Sammobile the site that usually gets samsung info right 90+% of the time said it will actually be available very shortly after the september 4 announcement. (week 36)

and Ferrazaraz, if you already know you'd want to buy a huge battery with an s4, why even list it? seems silly.

but the review i saw (droid-life) says the battery is not that great. he got around six hours on it from what i remember.

Yeah, from what I've seen about battery life on the Moto X, battery life is definitely above average, but it's not near Note 2 or Maxx levels.

If battery life is the absolute priority, I would get the S4 or Note 2 with the Zero Lemon battery (if the stock battery doesn't cut it for you), or you can buy a Droid Maxx off contract and it will work on AT&T's HSPA+ network if you can make due without LTE and pay full retail for the phone.

But I would probably forego all of that and wait for the Note 3 since it's so close now. Much like the Note 2 was when it launched (and still is IMO, I love mine still after 8 months), It will probably be the closest thing you can get to a no-compromise phone if you can handle the size, which I assume you can since you listed the Note 2 as an option.

Honestly I would wait for the note 3, I have a note 2 and I love it, its a little too big for me so my next phone will be slightly smaller, but the battery life is great. In comparison to the s4 though I think the note is smoother overall, I don't know if it was just my friends s4 but it seemed a little choppy in spots and I wouldn't really want one. I wouldn't get the one personally it hasn't impressed me at all. The moto x it doesn't really appeal to me either.

I'm shopping for a new phone (but on verizon) I'm waiting for the note 3 to choose between it, the lg G2 and the new droid maxx.

I recently picked up the HTC One over my Iphone 5 and have no regrets. The screen is amazing, looks great, and performs like a beast. Arguably the S4 is just as powerful if not more but the HTC one just kills it for looks. Plus the dual front facing speakers are quite good for a phone.

If you like a stock experience - Moto X
If you like a skinned experience - One or S4 depending on your tastes
If you want a big ass screen with good battery life and skinned experience - new Note

Crazy as I sound, I think I will be jumping on the moto x. Specs seem great, size is not enormous, and it has Motorola's radios, 2 of them at that. Should have killer reception. Specs may not seem top tier but it seems to keep up with top tier phones quite well, plus most apps dont make use of quad cores to their full extent.

Crazy as I sound, I think I will be jumping on the moto x. Specs seem great, size is not enormous, and it has Motorola's radios, 2 of them at that. Should have killer reception. Specs may not seem top tier but it seems to keep up with top tier phones quite well, plus most apps dont make use of quad cores to their full extent.
good choice. Only reason why I voted for the One above the Moto X is because the One is battle tested and true. Need more user reviews of the Moto X to see if Google delivered another beta product. And that HTC has announced that all Ones will be updated to 4.3 by end of September. If the Moto X has already been released for a few months, I would definitely pick the Moto X.

Note 3 or GS4. There are a lot of nice extended battery options for the GS4, just sayin'.

Note 3 or GS4 depend on your needs. I'm currently using Note 2 and will be upgrading to Note 3 soon when it is released.

Too bad the new Moto Maxx was not a choice! I love it, and can use it all day with everything turned on and full brightness and still go to bed with 40% battery life or better. I dig the all day battery, and it's hardly bigger than the X... and Kevlar!

I'd say the Nexus-Five or Note 3, both due out next couple of months.

Note 3 will be officially announced and shown off next week by Samsung, and said to go on sale quickly afterwards, with some leaked carrier dates showing a Sept 25th release. And Verizon in 2014 :)

Nexus-Five will be out Oct/Nov

Back